What are you playing now? (console edition) [2018-2021]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rootax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

Yakuza 4 remake on ps4 pro. Really happy to be back in the Yakuza universe. I discovered the series on ps4 with 0. Since, I progress into the saga, loved everyone of them. Already have 5 and 6 downloaded...

2. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Dreams in VR ... so amazing. Really look forward to seeing what people will come up with but just creating something in VR is such a delight already!

Karamazov likes this.
  3. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

All right, not a huge fan of Yakuza 4 : / The story is cut between 4 characters, and it feel short to me, maybe because each characters hasn't a lot of "time" ? I wasn't fan of the side activities too... But since I started the whole saga with 0, which was awesome in that regard, it doesn't help. I'll start 5 soon. Maybe on PS5 in bc mode, who knows.

4. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

13 Sentinels - amazing.

5. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

So big surprise I started Yakuza 5. It's already a lot better than the 4th imo. I enjoy it a lot, the side activities are fun again, so I taking my time.

I started shadow of the colossus too, but, the controls and the camera are a pain in the ... right now, not fun at all.

Karamazov likes this.
  6. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

I've been playing The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth for years now on both PC and PS4. Today I was playing and for the first time ever fought Mega Satan!

:D

7. tuna

Veteran

My kids really like watching me playing the taxi missions!

Rootax likes this.
  8. tuna

Veteran

I still play Trails in the Sky SC. 25 hours in now!

9. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

Yeah they're fun. I'm at the Saejima part. Like in Y4, I don't care at all about the guy. And I skipped the hunting/village stuff asap. I mean I'm in a rush to find what happened to Majima, what the point of Saejima hunting ? Plus the aiming is really bad. It sucks, the Kyriu part was so good, and now this... Aaarrrgg...

10. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

Playing Wasteland 3 on X1 and really enjoying the squad tactics. I'm also picking away at Star Wars Fallen Order and finding the fights pretty tough at the beginning (playing on hard) but I'm liking the story. Lastly, I'm on the insanely hard Act IV of Battletoads with my son. I wish this one had a few more checkpoints, but it's a great game.

DSoup likes this.
  11. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

Started and finished Doom 2016 this week and now I'm wondering whether going to Eternal straight away or playing something else first. I think I might play Quantum Break...

Johnny Awesome likes this.
  12. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I read this game was more streamlined so thought it would be shorter but 30 hours in I've cleared maybe half the map in England and I've only done a smattering of mysteries (mini side quests). I am very glad Ubisoft have provided game setting options for those of us who liked the original Assassin's Creed formula. :yes:

The combat is gratuitously good as well, in raids running around the battlefield impaling enemies with my spear, kicking off bunch of special abilities and other skills like picking up a discarded weapons and throwing into the face of the nearest enemy makes you feel like a real viking badass! :mrgreen:

Johnny Awesome likes this.
  13. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

I'm progressing and enjoying Quantum Break. The story seems very interesting and I like the TV-episode thingy as well, although I can understand that is not everyone's cup of tea haha. Gameplay is alright, bit too much reading notes like in Alan Wake, but I have to say the game is better than I expected. Control popping up to Game Pass is great news for me, the service keeps on delivering :-D

Johnny Awesome and DSoup like this.
  14. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

I finished Quantum break few days ago. I'm a bit of a sucker for time travel stuff so greatly enjoyed this. The final boss battle was quite bad though... It's hard to understand how anyone thought that was a good way to finish the game, not like there wasn't potential for a much more interesting fight. I started playing Gears of War 4 now, seems decent enough, although fighting against these robots feel less interesting than the locusts.

I'm thankful of the mid-gen consoles. Not sure if I would have played the base One versions of these games even if they deserved it. The One X versions are really nice.

#494 DuckThor Evil, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Johnny Awesome and DSoup like this.
  15. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Still Valhalla, which goes on and on and on and on.. I'm approx 40 hours in and have accepted that I'll never finish it, as I'll be switching to Cyberpunk this week.

DuckThor Evil likes this.
  16. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

Speaking of Cyperpunk, a big retailer here in Finland is selling the physical version for both consoles at 39.95 euros, so I had no choice but to order and getting it on launch day at the latest. Amazing price haha.

DSoup likes this.
  17. BoardBonobo

BoardBonobo My hat is white(ish)!
    Veteran

Bouncing between Valhalla and Immortals. And the shiny updated Warframe. Cyberpunk is pre-ordered for the PS4 as I didn't actually think I'd manage to get a PS5 this year. But now I have I'll wait for the PS5 update before I start playing it.

DSoup likes this.
  18. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

So I took the day off to play GamePass games on Series X yesterday:

Off and on (quick resume), I put 1.5 hours into Tetris Effect and I'm on the final Journey level on normal. Really great version of Tetris.

Next was Call of the Sea. Played 3.5 hours and really like it. It's old school puzzle solving with gorgeous cartoon graphics and a compelling story. I'm on Chapter 3.

Played Forza Horizon 4 for an hour and I'm really enjoying the open feel and the ridiculous number of events and options.

Sunk 1.5 hours into Gears Tactics and I'm about half-way now. This is such a great squad tactical game. Not as deep as Wasteland 3 in some way, but I feel like they cut the right corners.

Lastly, I played Halo MCC on Heroic with my son for 3 hours and finished Halo CE - Missions 2 and 3. It's his first FPS basically and he's playing on a launch X One on a separate monitor and we're having a blast.

Not many days are 10.5 hour gaming days. :)

Rootax, DSoup, TheAlSpark and 2 others like this.
  19. tuna

Veteran

Finally finished Trails in the Sky: SC!!!

20. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

3DS Dai Gyakuten Saiban, EX Troopers, shovel knight
    PS1 (via retroarch switch) Xenogears

but stopped playing shovel knight as the black smear/blur is too annoying (New 3DS XL with TN top screen).