What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Shadow of the Colossus. I only made it a third of the way through on PS2, but finally managed to finish it on PS4. What a gorgeous game! I loved the updated visuals and the 60 fps mode. However, I wish they had modernized the controls a little bit especially for the horse. It really felt like I was driving some sort of tank. I think that's the only blemish on the remake.

Forza Horizon 3 (technically playing on PC for that 60fps).

MS should get the Crackdown vehicles into Forza Horizon 3 somehow. Cross-promote their IPs more.

Instead of a horn, have it spew out random Crackdown Agency Director lines (probably needs a child filter on some of them, but bleeping those would fit too).

I'm playing subnautica. My son actually got me into the game. It's an open sea survival game.

Your luxury cruise ship sized space ship is shot down over some unknown planet. Your ship crash lands into an ocean with your only initial support being an escape pod with a radio, fabricator and a medkit fabricator on board.

You have to scavenge from the ship wreckage and resources provided by the planet. You are tasked with acquiring food/fresh water, and building tools, vehicles and bases so you can explore, research and discover a way off the planet.

Picture doesnt work because photobucket is holding it hostage for 3rd party viewing.

Photobucket doesn't even want it viewed directly on photobucket o_O
8mxUSlJ.jpg

I got Lichdom Battlemage new for $8.
It's not worth half that.

At first I wrote a really long rant about the publisher, developer, and Digital Foundry. I don't want to get another thread ban, so I'll just keep it simple.

Avoid this game at all costs on console.

Yesterday I stayed awake until 4 AM to beat Tomb Raider. Such a good game! I already posted the things I liked a few messages ago, so I won't repeat myself. Graphically, I found it way better than Uncharted 2, honestly, and the gameplay is more entertaining, IMO, too.

Now I want to beat Assassin's Creed and then I will continue with Uncharted 3 or Killzone 2, I think.

Played a whole bunch of Wipeout on my brandspanking new LG B7 Oled tv. HDR is quite a sight to behold with this particular title. I'm absolutely stunned by this tv.

Path of Exile

PoE is my favorite game, I like to relax after a day of work.
Just as many relax euro truck simulator, so relax me creating new builds :)
I like to invent new connections, to do things faster and cheaper.
Most players value PoE for the same, for other MMO RPGs, i.e. climate and killing of creatures, I pay Poe for builds, poe orbs and frequent updates

Stellaris 2.0, Surviving Mars and my sights are set on Far Cry 5. This is a good six week for games.

Started playing Superhot Last night on Oculus. Got it plus Arizona Sunshine for £10.99 thanks to a bundle deal plus the credit that Oculus gave everyone for the downed service (which I never noticed). Total bargain! It's a superb game, arguably as good as Robo-Recall.

Arizona Sunshine tonight!

Almost finished with FFXV.

Coming up is Ni No Kuni 2 that I'm hugely looking forward to. I wish they'd release the first game on PC. Oh well.

Then in April is coming my most looked forward to game this year. Battletech. I really hope they did a good job. The shots look fantastic so far. There hasn't been a really good tactical Battletech game, IMO, since the FASA/Microsoft made MechCommander series over 15 years ago.

Regards,
SB

I finished the original Assassin's Creed (not Origins, huh...).

I agree, it can be very repetitive, but it's a pleasure to walk through the streets, to climb buildings and to run over the roofs. The architecture feels so solid and the art direction was very good. I like how the cities looked sunny and warm as the sun shed its light over the different surfaces made of stone, marble, adobe and soil. The moving shadows of the clouds also did a great job at transmitting the feeling of a slightly overcast sky. The countryside was very beautiful, too. I enjoyed the combat, as well.

Almost finished with FFXV.

Coming up is Ni No Kuni 2 that I'm hugely looking forward to. I wish they'd release the first game on PC. Oh well.

Then in April is coming my most looked forward to game this year. Battletech. I really hope they did a good job. The shots look fantastic so far. There hasn't been a really good tactical Battletech game, IMO, since the FASA/Microsoft made MechCommander series over 15 years ago.

Regards,
SB

Buying a used PS3 alone for playing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is totally worth it.

Buying a used PS3 alone for playing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is totally worth it.

Unfortunately, not going to happen for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I don't console game anymore unless it is portable. Secondly, I won't touch a 30 FPS game anymore unless it is mobile (like 3DS/Switch games) and I can't remember if the PS3 version of Ni No Kuni was 30 or 60.

But the most important reason, my significant other would throw a shitstorm if I tried to put a console in the living room. :D And I'm not interested in having a console in my workspace (where my PC is that serves dual purpose for gaming and work).

If not for all of the above I might be tempted to pick up a PS4 for Yakuza games and Persona 5.

What I may do eventually is see if the PS3 emulator will run Ni No Kuni well. Unfortunately I don't have time to faff with emulators and adjusting settings to get a game to run well.

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back