What are you playing now? (console edition) [2018-2020]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rootax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. chris1515

Veteran Regular

Keep it simple. This is the reason I want to see first Housemarque AAA, they want to keep arcade gameplay loop. This was great in 1993 Doom or Quake or Housemarque shootem up.

2. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Second dive into Days Gone. I'm filing my time in Oregon under 'training'.

DuckThor Evil likes this.
  3. eloyc

Veteran Regular

At last, No Man's Sky. Wonderful game, I love it. Still bothered by a few bugs, though.

#463 eloyc, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  4. Tkumpathenurpahl

Tkumpathenurpahl Oil my grapes.
    Veteran Newcomer

I'm playing through the latest Tomb Raider courtesy of PSNow.

I'm paying absolutely no attention to the story in this one. I didn't particularly like her characterisation in the last one and they've failed to make her interesting in this one. She should be a fully realised, confident woman by now. She still feels like a nervous teenager, and she's got none of the quippy fun that she should have adopted as a self defense mechanism after two life threatening adventures.

Then there's the fact that she's leaping out of trees, shooting enemies with rope arrows, and hugging their last breaths out of them. Probably while whispering something sinister in their ear like "I know where your wife lives."

I'm half expecting to unlock a "skin your enemies alive" ability.

So I'm dressing her exclusively in animal pelts and pretending that the events of the first two games broke her and turned her feral.

5. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Just finished a great game that I found on Xbox Game Pass. It's called Deliver Us The Moon & it's single player story based game where you play an astronaut in 2059 that is being sent to the moon 5 years after an accident that shutdown a microwave power transmitter that supplied energy to earth. Very interesting tech & atmosphere. I highly recommend it. It's available on all 3 consoles & PC(Steam, etc). It started in February 2016 as a Kickstarter project by KeokeN Interactive.

Tommy McClain

PSman1700, TheAlSpark and BRiT like this.
  6. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

I like how the input lag of Deliver Us The Moon simulates low-grav movement. Like when I try to pull a trigger and the gun shoots later. :mrgreen:

Pretty clean looking game, I must say.

AzBat, PSman1700 and BRiT like this.
  7. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Nice. LOL Yeah some of the zero gravity sections were challenging. Are you playing on console or PC? Finished game with half of the achievements. Thought I got all the collectibles thirst go round but missed 3. Supposedly, if you get everything you will be able to piece together another part of the story. Hate when games do that, but in this instance I don't have a problem with it. Hope they make a sequel. Instabuy for sure.

Tommy McClain

8. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Playing on XOS - the framerate is awful and the lag is epic. :p I like it otherwise. Probably could have used a 30fps option on console.

AzBat likes this.
  9. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Yeah I played on the same as that's in my bedroom. Lately I've been playing there way more than the 1X & 4k TV in the living room. Guess I need to swap the consoles & TVs. LOL

Tommy McClain

TheAlSpark likes this.
  10. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

that was 20 years ago, that insane trailer

Nesh and PSman1700 like this.
  11. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

When jumps in tech where huge like that.

12. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

I still have the DVD of that trailer (with a documentary and Hideo interview)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

PSman1700 likes this.
  13. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

Nice, i have this mgs2 trailer on a demo disc that came with the PS2 (european oct 2001 model). Watched it more then once backthen :p
    Not sure if it's the same demo disc, but i have one with the demo 'Find my own way'. It's a PS2 tech demo where you could interact with it, pause, zoom in/out, fast forward/backwards etc. Quite impressive for the time, the particles where amazing, reminding of ZoE2's effects abit.
    This was before og xbox and GC made it (to EU) so the graphics where unmatched on console at the time.

Going from PSX to PS2 was a huge jump, we don't see that anymore today.

Arwin and Karamazov like this.
  14. DSoup

DSoup meh

FF XII on Switch. I started this last year, then lost interest in it. I've recently re-start over from scratch and I'm approaching the 25 hour point. I really love the Gambit system and dual-jobs system, it lets you create such perfect characters. The only thing it lacks is visual variety to your gear because there is none. Your characters have the same outfits throughout.

Karamazov and Tkumpathenurpahl like this.
  15. eloyc

Veteran Regular

After a long wait, I'm about to install and play Bloodborne.

I'm not sure but it's not a standard JRPG, is it? In all these years I've tried not to read very much about it, but I think I read that it's a Demon's Souls type of game or something similar, which I don't know what it means so yes, I guess this is my first experience with this specific type of game. Yay? :huh:

16. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

It's not a JRPG. It's a fighting game based on strategy and not button mashing (going by Demon's Souls - I've not played Bloodborne). You have to block and time your attacks effectively. Very high difficulty with punishing checkpoints (exploration to find them, when you die, you have to start again from the last checkpoint with the world reset and all the enemies back again) is part of a Demon Souls style game.

17. eloyc

Veteran Regular

Oh, Lord, I'm embarrassed. :lol:

So it isn't what I was expecting, but I'm liking it so far.

18. DSoup

DSoup meh

The Last of Us Remastered.

Unknown Soldier likes this.
  19. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

I did the same in the same time frame. This weekend was all The Last of Us Part 2.

20. DSoup

DSoup meh

Ghosts of Tsushima. From what I've played so far I think it may be my game of the year. Yes, I'm enjoying it more than The Last of Us Part II but to be fair, I do not think I'm far in - maybe 6-8 hours.

#480 DSoup, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020