What are you playing now? (console edition) [2018-2020]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rootax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Killing Kratos off, not going to happen. The God of War franchise lives and dies with him.

Atreus having a spinoff, could be a possibility. Maybe clashing with Kratos at some point. Dad vs. son (à la Kratos vs. Zeus)

DSoup, milk and Globalisateur like this.
  2. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Not so long ago I would have said the same about Uncharted and Nathan Drake but here we are. But I'm not seeing a good reason to kill Kratos. Just doing it for change is lazy and Santa Monica aren't lazy. Any change could spell some separation from traditional God of War, something seismic like Assassin's Creed becoming a RPG.

God of War has just been revitalised and the PS4 was hugely popular, this is not the time to shake it up again.

Shortbread likes this.
  3. Silent_Buddha

Legend

The way I see it, the shakeup that was planned was having Atreus become the face of the new God of War. I viewed GoW (2018) as the first of the transition series. Otherwise I see no reason why Atreus was introduced to the series. Perhaps they don't kill him off, perhaps they just have him sort of retire ala Marcus Fenix with the Gears series.

They've, IMO, successfully transitioned from Marcus being the lead character to him being a background character after introducing his children. I believe they likely originally planned to kill him off, but due to how popular he is with the fans, they kept him around as important background filler.

Or maybe they do a Batman and Robin, except with Kratos and Atreus. They've gone to a lot of work to establish a base from which to push Atreus.

Regards,
    SB

4. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

if anyone with a spare code for the ghost recon breakpoint beta on PS4 reads this, well, hello ^^

5. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

I'm playing Astral chain

Awesome gameplay
    Classic anime tropes story
    Looks amazing
    Someone already made 60fps patch

But for some reason it doesn't make me can't stop playing.

DSoup likes this.
  6. milk

milk Like Verified
    Veteran Regular

Atreus exist because of Last of Us and of how uncreative and obvious game creators can be.

orangpelupa and DSoup like this.
  7. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

There's a beta for it? :(

Argh usually I always try to get multiple codes for big game beta / alpha. But nowadays I never follow any beta / alpha anymore

The downside of having jobs with uncertain work hours....

8. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

the beta ends tomorrow

9. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

Just started Judgment, love it already, it's a nice break from the Yakuza series (I've done 0, 1,2,3 , i'm waiting for 4 and 5 before doing 6 that I already have) while still having a "feeling good to be back in Kamurocho / Kabukichō" vibe :) Now, PS5 can't be coming soon enough. I love their new engine, but having this at 60 fps instead of 25-30 would be awesome.

Karamazov likes this.
  10. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

Finished astrak chain yesterday.

Today, no game can grip me :(

Link's awakening is kinda good but it's story doesn't make any bloody sense. The game also breaks so many fourth wall.

The whole game feels like a bunch of fetch quest chained together... Yikes now I remember in death stranding you will be the postal service...

The visuals looks awesomely cute tho.

Back to mindless killing ij Destiny I guess. CMON SHADOWKEEP! WHEN WILL THE PRELOAD WILL CKME TO PS4

11. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

tried the ghost recon breakpoint beta this week end, i liked it, for now it does not feel as good as wildlands, maybe because they added so many customisation like an RPG that i'im not to used to, but i still enjoyed it
    and it looks quite nice too, except when flying high

12. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

13. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

Loving my time with Ori and the blind forest on Switch. Fantastic port too. Really getting suckered in more and more by 2d goodness as of late. Gameplay in 2D is just so wonderfully responsive, guesswork-free and precise.

milk and Silent_Buddha like this.
  14. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

Got a Witcher 3 code for Switch. Sabre Interactive did a really impressive job here. Looks really great in handheld mode. A little soft, but actually nowhere near as bad as I expected. They certainly managed to preserve the entire look and feel of the Witcher III. Everything's still there, albeit at a lower resolution. It's certainly a much closer match for the big boy versions than the Doom and Wolfenstein ports are. And unlike Panic Button, Sabre didn't have the luxury of a framerate they could cut in half.

pharma, DSoup and DuckThor Evil like this.
  15. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

i just finished Somnium Files (it have tiny anoying but for the ending.. )

gonna get Witcher 3 on switch when i;m back into civilization haha. currently still in the middle of nowhere

but if i can't find my PC save (in mydocuments? steam cloud? Gog? can't remember)..... i don't think i'll get witcher 3 on switch. Playing W3 all over again. blehrgh...

16. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

I didn't have much to do left in my Witcher 3 PS4 playthrough (maybe a couple monster nests left), so starting over was fine with me.

17. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Astral Chain. So good. :yes:

18. tuna

Veteran

Restarted Trails in the Sky SC again. Feels very retro and nice.

Also been playing Unravel 2 with the big kid, pretty good coop game!

19. vjPiedPiper

Newcomer

just started far Cry 5 on ps4. a bit meh so far, bit i need to give it a good chunk of time to really get into it properly.
    Hoping i can finish it off before i jump into some newer games :0

20. Xbat

Veteran Newcomer

Finished Darksiders 3 and enjoyed it a lot. The loading is the biggest negative so if you have the opportunity play it on PC.
    I played it on PlayStation because it's a Plus game.