What are you playing now? (console edition) [2018-2019]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rootax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

Some nice matches today

RenegadeRocks and eloyc like this.
  2. AlBran

AlBran Just Monika
    Moderator Legend

Little Nightmares - Visuals tell the story, and it's given me pause for thought about the world they've created, and why things are. Depth perception & controls can be a little annoying at times. Also, the game seemingly has an issue/bug where it fails to launch on first try.

Aven Colony via Gamepass - I like it, but it seems to get unwieldy as you get further into a play session as it gets harder to remember where certain buildings are, plus performance on console just turns into a slideshow with everything on there. May end up waiting for a sale on Steam instead.

3. DrJay24

Veteran

I started Second Son (3rd time) to prep for Spider-Man. I finished the story for AC: Origins and it was pretty good game overall.

4. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Spider-Man. What else would I be playing!?! :runaway:

5. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Destiny 2 Forsaken. Its fun :)

6. eloyc

Veteran Regular

Assassin's Creed II. I think I'm at the end of the game. It felt pretty fresh and fun to me just a few game hours ago. Now it feels a bit too long and repetitive.

I beat Final Fantasy III (NES). I got to the final boss BUT I was out of important potions such as elixirs (I just had one) and my stats weren't high enough to beat it. The game design was not very good because in this last section you can't go back so there's no way for you to regenerate your HP and MP, and no way to buy more items, so... I had to save, roam waiting for the next random encounter, load the game again if I lose or received substantial harm/win and save again. I had to level up like 10 levels, so I literally had to fight hundreds of battles (without counting those where I lost and I had to load again) to reach a decent character level to beat the Dark Cloud.

Also and as I said a few weeks (months?) before, the job system feels stupid sometimes, because you have to switch just to fight a specific battle and then back to whatever you have. Bearing in mind that MP is set to 0 every time you change a job, this also was a factor when in the last part I couldn't change jobs conveniently, because I only had a sage and I couldn't afford losing all my MP, which I needed to cast Haste and the reviving spell.

Now I don't know if I should move on to the SNES and continue with FF V or... if I stay with NES and start with the Dragon Quest series! ^_^

I think I will do the latter. :p

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  7. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Looks so much like Killzone 2 ! Wow, PSVR games are really doing it ! If it wasn't for the "extreme tiredness" i experience after any VR session, I would buy th ePSVR

Karamazov likes this.
  8. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

I'm sure the biggest leap next gen will be for VR, at least i hope !

9. eloyc

Veteran Regular

Yup, Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior (NES, emulated).

Action menu, ugh... I hope the next instalment has a better interface.

10. DrJay24

Veteran

Finished Spider-Man.

Now I'm looking at my backlog, hmmm, too many choices, maybe stay away from open world for a bit? Though I would like to spend some time with RDR in 4k.

I could finish Lost Legacy, Tomb Raider (second game, rise? they tend to blur together) or Homfront revolution...

Edit: Played more Tomb Raider but lost interest running around the Geothermal valley. Too much open world stuff when I just want a linear experience. I looked at my backlog and tried Knack 2, technically competent, but I was not having fun. I then put back in Ratchet and Clank. I've missed these games. Looks great in 4k and is fun as hell.

#150 DrJay24, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    London-boy likes this.
  11. Xbat

Regular Newcomer

Finished HZD Frozen Wilds exspansion, game really has amazing graphics and the potential for sequels is fantastic. The metastory leaves so much potential.

12. DSoup

DSoup meh

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Thoroughly enjoying it. :yes:

DrJay24 likes this.
  13. DrJay24

Veteran

Played some FH4, but I think I played it twice before. So I moved on to Ni No Kuni 2 for something different before RDR2.

14. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Anas platyrhynchos
    Legend Veteran

I kind of lost interest in playing Mass Effect Andromeda... I think it's a decent game and hopefully I will finish it at some point, but the fate of the game and lack of continuity is putting me off there... Luckily I finally got to start playing God of War, this game rocks! the first boss battle with the tattooed dude was already quite epic and cinematic :)

15. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Got to GR 70 with my R6 Barb in Diablo 3...grinding for ancients now, not sure if I have the endurance for it...

16. Sigfried1977

Veteran

Dark Souls on the Switch. About to enter Anor Londo.

DSoup likes this.
  17. Xbat

Regular Newcomer

Playing Uncharted Lost Legacy. Wow game is beautiful. Seems to be about the same length as uncharted 2 was. Can't believe they made it in six months, must have stuff that was deleted or something from uncharted 4.

eloyc likes this.
  18. Sigfried1977

Veteran

Best Uncharted game there is if you ask me. Took all the good stuff from 4 and then mercilessly trimmed off the fat.

milk likes this.
  19. eloyc

Veteran Regular

I finished Assassin's Creed II. A good game, IMO, but at the end I felt it was a bit too long.

Since I'm in the autumn mood, I decided to finish with my Tomb Raider backlog (I relate Tomb Raider to autumn since the old games usually came out this time of the year) and I started Tomb Raider Anniversary. :) This is my first time playing it. So familiar yet so fresh! And I'm liking very much the fact that I have to keep pressing a button if I want to keep hanging of a ledge! :-D I would like that button to be the action button like in the old times, as well, but this is better than nothing.

20. DSoup

DSoup meh

Cowboy Redemption Simulator II