What are you playing now? (console edition) [2018-2019]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rootax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. eloyc

Veteran Regular

The Witness. Not the most technically advanced game, but it's gorgeous (and addictive)!

2. milk

Veteran Regular

It's a slightly less impressive acomplishment when you remember how well the ps360 versions hold up aa well. Still, the AA is a great, and very needed, addition

3. Sigfried1977

Veteran

My gf had it on PS3 at the time, and while that version was absolutely playable, it really didn't hold up all that well. Sure, most of the game's visual embellishments were in that version as well, but you also got loads of framerate problems, a sub 720p resolution, no motion blur, tearing, low-res textures (decals liket he graffiti in particular) and awfully long loading times. It wasn't a Watch Dogs or Shadows of Mordor debacle by any means, but it was still one of those cross-gen games that seemed like it was primarily made for the newer platforms and then stripped down in order to run on the older machines.

So while Alien Isolation was certainly no Witcher 3 in terms of how much of a porting headache it must have been, just how well it was ported over is impressive nonetheless. It was probably very helpful that Feral were already very familiar with the game as they also handled the PC version which was very well optimized.

PSman1700 and milk like this.
  4. Sigfried1977

Veteran

All of that stuff is still there and it looks splendid.
    Such a terrific game too. My 2014 goty actually. And now I can play it while crapping myself ... on the crapper.

jlippo likes this.
  5. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

New Game Pass Quests for Microsoft Rewards Points has got me playing different playing games again. Been playing these...

• The Gardens Between, it's a id@Xbox game, kinda weird, but neat puzzle game, might go back to this
    • Old Man's Journey, another weird id@Xbox game, don't think I will go back to it
    • Enter the Gungeon - kinda like Gauntlet, played past the tutorial, not bad, if it has online co-op I could back
    • Superhot - finished the single player & played some of endless mode, got Portal & Braid vibes, it's really odd, but really liked it, probably won't come back to endless mode
    • Monster Hunter World - still working on this, definitely not my kinda game, but I think I beat my first large monster, I need 2 for +100 points, deleting right after I get the points LOL
    BTW, if you haven't been using the mobile Game Pass app I would. You can track all the quests there or in your GamerTag profile on the Xbox dashboard. There are single, weekly & monthly quests. That's on top of any quests you can do in the Xbox Microsoft Rewards app. I've been getting about 400 points a day, sometimes over 500. And that's not spending any money other than the Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Got enough in the past 78 days to get a $50 Xbox gift card. I think I will hoard the points & cash in when there's a Hot Deal on the gift cards. Might have enough to put a pretty good deposit on Scarlett before it comes out.

Tommy McClain

Silent_Buddha and BRiT like this.
  6. PSman1700

Regular Newcomer

Tekken 5 ps2, the moonlit wilderness stage still looks nice today, considering.

eloyc and DuckThor Evil like this.
  7. Rangers

Legend

jedi fallen order. not far in, and definitely taking my sweet time, but liking it so far, a lot for a single player game, for example much better than my last sp game gears 5.. it will take me weeks at this pace of both not putting in a ton of playtime and trying to explore everything.