What are you playing now? (console edition) [2018-2019]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rootax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Killing Kratos off, not going to happen. The God of War franchise lives and dies with him.

Atreus having a spinoff, could be a possibility. Maybe clashing with Kratos at some point. Dad vs. son (à la Kratos vs. Zeus)

DSoup, milk and Globalisateur like this.
  2. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Not so long ago I would have said the same about Uncharted and Nathan Drake but here we are. But I'm not seeing a good reason to kill Kratos. Just doing it for change is lazy and Santa Monica aren't lazy. Any change could spell some separation from traditional God of War, something seismic like Assassin's Creed becoming a RPG.

God of War has just been revitalised and the PS4 was hugely popular, this is not the time to shake it up again.

Shortbread likes this.
  3. Silent_Buddha

Legend

The way I see it, the shakeup that was planned was having Atreus become the face of the new God of War. I viewed GoW (2018) as the first of the transition series. Otherwise I see no reason why Atreus was introduced to the series. Perhaps they don't kill him off, perhaps they just have him sort of retire ala Marcus Fenix with the Gears series.

They've, IMO, successfully transitioned from Marcus being the lead character to him being a background character after introducing his children. I believe they likely originally planned to kill him off, but due to how popular he is with the fans, they kept him around as important background filler.

Or maybe they do a Batman and Robin, except with Kratos and Atreus. They've gone to a lot of work to establish a base from which to push Atreus.

Regards,
    SB

4. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

if anyone with a spare code for the ghost recon breakpoint beta on PS4 reads this, well, hello ^^

5. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

I'm playing Astral chain

Awesome gameplay
    Classic anime tropes story
    Looks amazing
    Someone already made 60fps patch

But for some reason it doesn't make me can't stop playing.

DSoup likes this.
  6. milk

Veteran Regular

Atreus exist because of Last of Us and of how uncreative and obvious game creators can be.

orangpelupa and DSoup like this.
  7. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

There's a beta for it? :(

Argh usually I always try to get multiple codes for big game beta / alpha. But nowadays I never follow any beta / alpha anymore

The downside of having jobs with uncertain work hours....

8. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

the beta ends tomorrow