What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootax

Veteran
Since I got my new 55' LG C7, I play Horizon Zero Dawn (and the DLC) again. I rediscover the game, coming from an old 37' samsung (1080p), it's awesome. I've fun with the last South Park too, pretty fun to play

Still playing COD and enjoying the heck out of it. This game has really lots of content and fun modes. Not perfect...but addicting as always...finally got the BAR and I will shred everyone with it now!

Finally finished both Zelda Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Breath of the Wild is my game of the year. No contest there. Not even close actually. I even purchased the bloody season pass for it now. First time I've ever done that. Apparently it's not even all that special. Just more of the same mostly. Just about any excuse to spend more time in the most immersive and wondrous open world ever created is alright with me, though.

XBC2 was fantastic as well, but the more Pokemon-ish aspects of the game were often way too laborious for my tastes. Fucking hate the way you obtain the "Blades" (the characters who basically dictate your role in combat). I hate random numbers when it comes to collecting shit in general.

Tried Zelda now 2 times...still don’t get it. The childish art doesn’t work, weapons breaking after 2 hits is Doom 3 no flashlight level of bad gamedesign, no story so far.

Another one of those AAA games everyone and their mother loves and I just can scratch my head.

I’ll try it a third time...after a longer break.

Thinking about going back to Overwatch, now that the league has started...

Tried Zelda now 2 times...still don’t get it. The childish art doesn’t work, weapons breaking after 2 hits is Doom 3 no flashlight level of bad gamedesign, no story so far.

Another one of those AAA games everyone and their mother loves and I just can scratch my head.

I’ll try it a third time...after a longer break.

Thinking about going back to Overwatch, now that the league has started...

I could sort of get behind a childish art complaint against WInd Waker, but Breath of the Wild? It looks like straight up Gibli movie. The main characters in particular are just gorgeous looking. Also best video game horses ever.

But hey, welcome to the club of people scratching their heads over AAA games. I'm like one of the top members there :)

Last edited:
I could sort of get behind a childish art complaint against WInd Waker, but Breath of the Wild? It looks like straight up Gibli movie. The main characters in particular are just gorgeous looking. Also best video game horses ever.

But hey, welcome to the club of people scratching their heads over AAA games. I'm like one of the top members there :)

Then it is maybe the combination of graphics and the story, that seems made for a very young audience.

Honestly, Gibli never popped into my mind, because those movies typically have some kind of plot and story to follow...and this is what hurts me the most right now.

In my second try I even plugged the switch to the TV, hoping it would change something.

But even more so than the graphics, the progression system is not working for me...the little puzzles/dungeons just don't excite me.

I saw yesterday, that Deus Ex is free in PS+...so I downloaded this game. I never tried it and I am curious to see what the buzz is all about.
Furthermore, I got Unravel for cheap...looks nice.

In case both games don't do it for me, I also re-installed my emergency game...the new DOOM.

Playing the Dragonball FighterZ Beta all day. As expected it’s absolutely insane, as you’d expect from the marriage of the Guilty Gears makers with the DB myths. Brilliant. Bonkers. BEAUTIFUL.

Count me amongst the fans of Zelda: BotW.

I finished it the day before yesterday and that's the first RPG I've finished in over a decade.

Certainly my favorite console game of 2017.

Playing the Dragonball FighterZ Beta all day. As expected it’s absolutely insane, as you’d expect from the marriage of the Guilty Gears makers with the DB myths. Brilliant. Bonkers. BEAUTIFUL.

I'm assuming you pre-ordered it, yeah? Doesn't seem any way to play the open beta other than to pre-order or wait for their upcoming 48-hour free time early tomorrow morning...

I'm assuming you pre-ordered it, yeah? Doesn't seem any way to play the open beta other than to pre-order or wait for their upcoming 48-hour free time early tomorrow morning...

Yes I did! Thought I’d give it a go and cancel if necessary.

And I still can't get in owing to network errors which has plagued this free beta for many people :(

Axiom Verge on the Vita. $10. I’m a bit disappointed I can’t share a save between the Vita and PS4 but so far the game lives up to expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back