Well well well, ladies and gentleman, it has started.

Sankari

Regular
Take a look at these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PLAYSTATIO...7QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy is getting more than 2x his money back on this deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstatio...054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140040820674

And I'm pretty sure this will fly out soon.

From gaming point of view its sad seeing people sell theyr PS3, another guy/girl has lined up to pre-order but couldn't get one.

From financial point of view, I would be damn willing to do this too if I got +1500$ for it.

At the end of the day, it's upto the buyer to decide what is the right price for them. If someone wants to spend $1500+ on a $600 MSRP, it's their choice.

I have a thing against markups though. If I refuse to pay a markup for good cars, I certainly won't for a toy. To each his own. You'd be suprirsed though. People out there actually boast about paying markups, silly as that may be......

Thats crazy. You'd think people would at least ATTEMPT to get one in stores before shelling out all that extra on Ebay. Its not like there will be any shortage of PS3 on ebay...

Thats crazy. You'd think people would at least ATTEMPT to get one in stores before shelling out all that extra on Ebay. Its not like there will be any shortage of PS3 on ebay...

The thing is, the people that buy from eBay ain't exactly short on money if you catch my drift. Why would they bother driving theyr lamborghinis to the local stores? They might aswell wait for someone else to do the dirty work for them and buy it from them say...for 3000$? Not that bad deal! for them. And not a bad deal for the seller.

only the top link exists (since it is sold with buy it now) the others are deleted from ebay??

It has been rumored that Sony signed a deal with eBay not to allow the selling of PS3's in ebay until early next year. How much you can believe this, is something I don't know. The truth is out there! *xfiles theme*

Ticketman is BIN'ing a bunch of PS3's. My guess is he's delivering justice!

Also Im almost positive ebay has a rule against preorders. While that isnt strictly enforced, my guess is it is being done for PS3's as its such a high ticket item.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait til PS3 launch. SmashmyPs3 will be there! and I can't wait to see the video! I found the Smashmyxbox360 one extremely hilarious. Also can't wait to see SmashmyWii! :)

Gaming entertainment at its best!

HAHAHAHA! Crazy is the perfect word. Best Buy could easily get 50 PS3s that they could buy.

Ticketman is BIN'ing a bunch of PS3's. My guess is he's delivering justice!

Also Im almost positive ebay has a rule against preorders. While that isnt strictly enforced, my guess is it is being done for PS3's as its such a high ticket item.

Ticket_man is my new favorite super hero!

according to joystiq (I think), the ebay preorder rules are a buyer must be get the product within 30 days of the auction closing. So only auctions closing before oct 17th are being removed.

Surely EB and Gamespot will not sell the consoles without some kind of software/accessory bundle, right? I would wait till those store-specific bundles show up before seeing how high Ebay auctions go.

Gaming entertainment at its best!
Surely you can't be serious. I'm not even going to go into the 'billions of starving people' angle here, destroying stuff purely for the sake of doing it, can that be anything but pure retardedness?

I don't think eBay would agree to Sony not wanting PS3s sold on eBay. In the end, if i buy one and want to sell it cause i dont' want it, i should be free to do so. However i could understand if Sony wanted to block people who sell PS3s in the next few months for stupid prices like that, as that would be purely to make a profit and not just to sell something i have no use of.

i dont think eather. Ebay makes huge profits on those. I payed 40-60 euro commision to ebay for every xbox360 i sold last year. Count up also paypal costs and exchange costs tthat goes to paypal. They would be a fool NOT to let people sell it.

i dont think eather. Ebay makes huge profits on those. I payed 40-60 euro commision to ebay for every xbox360 i sold last year. Count up also paypal costs and exchange costs tthat goes to paypal. They would be a fool NOT to let people sell it.

You paid WHAT?!

I sold my HDTV on there for a higher price than your X360s and i must have paid less than 15 quid in fees to eBay...? Weird...
Besides, even at that level, it's for so few units that it hardly matters to them. Look at the bigger picture, they make their money out of the small fees from the millions of items they sell every day, not from the high fees from the very few "luxury" units. :)

Surely you can't be serious. I'm not even going to go into the 'billions of starving people' angle here, destroying stuff purely for the sake of doing it, can that be anything but pure retardedness?

I love it how you completely lack sense of humor. :)

EDIT: And what the hell does the billions of starving people have to do with this? They do it for fun, and thats why people donate money for them to do it. If you can't handle seeing a piece of machine go bye-bye, don't watch. My god, some people really should relax a bit.

You paid WHAT?!

I sold my HDTV on there for a higher price than your X360s and i must have paid less than 15 quid in fees to eBay...? Weird...
Besides, even at that level, it's for so few units that it hardly matters to them. Look at the bigger picture, they make their money out of the small fees from the millions of items they sell every day, not from the high fees from the very few "luxury" units. :)

5% commision plus put up fee.
paypal commision was also in the region of 3% of the amount transferred and exchanged to EURO

Back