website offering accuratre models of famous buildings?

i've found a place where you can purchase textures for landscape, plants, people, doors, clutter, etc.

but i was wondering if there are place(s) where you can get whole buildings (accurately) modeled after their real world counterparts? especially with all proportions and measurements correctly scaled. can you even get that data (like blueprints and stuff) in the real world to work with?

what about picturesque (real) landscapes around the world? a basic accurate map of say Rio, or the panama canal, or alexandria, or trinidad, etc?

The FBI has been called.

Terrorist!

:p

Yes, you can find models of pretty much anything premade, or made to order, if it doesn't exist.

Is there something more specific you're looking for (e.g. a .3ds Eiffel Tower, or something)?

im generally interested in examples of architecture (my dad and grandad were both architects) that are, 'uplifting'. you know buildings (eg frank lloyd wright) that are simply interesting to breathtaking. accurately modeled to scale and ready to be shot at/in! furnishings as well. offices, high rises, monuments, labs, homes, etc.

you could plop them in your game.

any repository of such things out there?

modeling that stuff yourself would be incredibly tedious to get exact without an intimate knowledge of the structures.

Get out your favorite 3d modelling program, GIS for a few pictures of a building, and try your hand at it yourself! You might have a knack for it. :)

I know that's not what you were looking for, but...

im generally interested in examples of architecture (my dad and grandad were both architects) that are, 'uplifting'. you know buildings (eg frank lloyd wright) that are simply interesting to breathtaking. accurately modeled to scale and ready to be shot at/in! furnishings as well. offices, high rises, monuments, labs, homes, etc.

you could plop them in your game.

any repository of such things out there?

modeling that stuff yourself would be incredibly tedious to get exact without an intimate knowledge of the structures.

Can you imagine having some FPS fun at FLW fallingwater?

Can you imagine having some FPS fun at FLW fallingwater?

exactly. just think how you could focus on your gameplay mechanics, while having the added bonus of a feast for the eyes and 'soul'. you know how some buildings make you feel uplifted, impressed, amazed....

@zsouthboy - im sure i do have a knack for it, but i also have a knack for knowing it would be incredibly time consuming to do exactly right. (dad and grandad used to make scale 3d models of their buildings/office parks/firestations/schools sometimes (from scratch) with exacto knives and whatnot. etc. dad also built scale model airplanes.

it might be a decent businees venture, now that i think of it. course you'd have to get blueprints and whatnot (not sure if that's even possible these days)...imagine breathtaking spaces (in REAL life) interiors/exteriors you could just plop into your game and use.

even some of my favorite games have 'trouble' with perspective and scale and architectural details (eg dead space in buildings)...some do not, but some do. efficient use of space would get you more area to play in!

Back