We Happy Few

We Happy Few features a "drug-fueled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative 1960s England," filled with citizens with permanent smiles literally affixed to their faces. It's creepy, unsettling and cheerful all at the same time.

Nightmares.

Great new trailer on their kickstarter page. One of the best trailers I've seen for a game.

It will be PC first.
Kickstarter FAQ said:
We’ll launch on PC first, on Windows. See below for Linux and Mac.

We plan to come to consoles after launch, but we want to focus on the PC version for now.

We’re likely to launch first on Early Access, on Steam. However, the more successful this campaign is, the longer we’ll be able to continue working with our pre-alpha players, and potentially not launch on Early Access at all.

That's what I thought as well. Is that Mark Hamill? Sure sounds like him.
mmhm. I suppose the alternative is Troy Baker - he does a pretty similar version of Hamill Joker in Arkham Origins and even one of the animated movies.

What the hell. That looks like ass. Also heard it's now a procedurally generated survival rogue like. Apparently it's either that or pixelated nostalgia trips now these days. Once again: so much for the oh-so-inventive indie scene.

Not feeling the gameplay at all, to put it lightly. The A.I. didn't really react much until direct combat even though the player was acting like sneaking around was necessary. The area looked pretty rough compared to the trailers/teasers - LOD popping, uninteresting lighting/shadowing.

I rather liked their previous game, Contrast, which had that neat shadow geometry concept for platforming. So this is disappointing.

Guess I was expecting more exploration and puzzles again instead of... this.

Well, that was... disappointing.

Disappointing to the point that I'm surprised they actually showed that. Is this a 360 launch game? Because it looks like it. Maybe even worse.

I mean, it looks worse than this

And I agree with the AI and puzzles comment, the trailers made it look like it was more sneaking and puzzles and trying to find a way out while avoiding people and making sure you don't run out of happy pills to be able to blend in when you have to. This was just... meh.

Back