Wasted space of game installations [PC] *spinoff*

OMG, really?!?! No wonder I'm still not in to consoles. :LOL:

Pssst, if you have Steam/GOG/Origin digital games, then multilingual games automatically download all supported languages. :p Although if you are in US there is a chance that there are 2 separate distributions for some games (English or Multilingual) depending on developer/publisher. Even then many games will only have a multilingual distribution available. I believe all distributions in the EU default to multilingual distribution packages.

And multilingual could mean anywhere from all supported languages (EU) or just supported languages for a given country (English/French for Canada for example or English/Spanish/French for the US).

[edit] - In other words, you choose your language after the distribution package is downloaded (all languages downloaded) and not before (only selected language is downloaded).

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Well, on pc you have bloated drivers with title-specific optimizations for games you might not even play ever.

Well, on pc you have bloated drivers with title-specific optimizations for games you might not even play ever.

Yeah but you get the added bonus of having a graphics card that wasn't targeted by a specific title so you get a crippled version.

Pssst, if you have Steam/GOG/Origin digital games, then multilingual games automatically download all supported languages. :p Although if you are in US there is a chance that there are 2 separate distributions for some games (English or Multilingual) depending on developer/publisher. Even then many games will only have a multilingual distribution available. I believe all distributions in the EU default to multilingual distribution packages.

And multilingual could mean anywhere from all supported languages (EU) or just supported languages for a given country (English/French for Canada for example or English/Spanish/French for the US).

[edit] - In other words, you choose your language after the distribution package is downloaded (all languages downloaded) and not before (only selected language is downloaded).

Regards,
SB
Not a problem for me, I just manually delete the other languages. Can you do that on the Xbox too? :p

I like when I can choose to not download the high resolution textures. DOOM on Switch will apparently have multiplayer as a separate download, I would have liked to see that on PC as well.
I remember back when you still could run the full game from the CD-ROM or do a partial install, that saved me so much storage.

Back