WARNING! Forum does strange things (exploit?)!

thop

Great Member
Veteran
I noticed that the forum hangs for about 1-2 seconds on every new site, because the browser loads the following URL: http://199.107.184.146/u/c.html and suddenly i noticed some harddrive activity, now that made me suspicious. So i checked that URL, and it looks like some sort of exploit or sth. like that.

I got SP2 installed. So nothing happened and i shouldn't worry? What is the exploit supposed to do on your computer? And where did that thing come from anyway? It seems to be gone now.

or you could just use Firefox and "Adblock" extension that allows to block any banner add u see on internet, while giving pop up protection out of the box....

i blocked every add beyond3d offers long time ago.... :D
and if i see something new...."Adblock" console pop up and takes care of the bugger.

silence said:
i blocked every add beyond3d offers long time ago.... :D
and if i see something new...."Adblock" console pop up and takes care of the bugger.

Hmm. So you're taking away B3D's only source of revenue. :?

Firefox isn't vulnerable to this exploit BTW - even without using Adblock.

thegrommit said:
Hmm. So you're taking away B3D's only source of revenue. :?

Firefox isn't vulnerable to this exploit BTW - even without using Adblock.

i think that Adblock just doesnt show them, they are prolly counted as shown, but not loaded in browser.....
at least thats how i would make my banner rotation software....you click on page and it sends banner to you ( +1 ), what you do with it, i wouldnt care less in the world.....cause all visitors show in sites stats.....so everytime i click or post on b3d i add that +1 to visitor count.....

it all depends on how banner rotation is made.....if it counts visitors on pages then its OK, but if there is something to check if banners are loaded, then well....tough luck...i use that extension everywhere....

Back