Wardevil, new xenon game? If these are real time graphics...

Plenty of hats to go around. ;)

Considering a company's first foot forward is almost always impressive CG anyway... (All right, all right... Or trumped-up screenshots. ;) )

yes, I concur that imo is CG, I mean.... unreal engine 3 stuff in the outdoor bit was only running at 10 - 15 fps. and that video blows UE3 out the water.

NOWAY real time.

I think the fact that it's a trailer for a new game give aways the fact that this is CG. Apart from the fact that it just errrm looks CG.

I hope the initial question was "Will the xbox2 be capable of something at this level?" (hey, trying to save ur face!!).
To which most of us will answer "mmmm unlikely".

Personally, i'm keeping my expectations very low, so that when i see that next gen games won't look like this video, i wont be sorely disappointed...

we are a wars off from producing graphics of this caliber in real time. i suspect xbox 2 will have 3dmark05 quality graphics, which is a huge step forward from anything we have today in terms of visual output and not necessarily the technology used to render it.

hovz said:
we are a wars off from producing graphics of this caliber in real time. i suspect xbox 2 will have 3dmark05 quality graphics, which is a huge step forward from anything we have today in terms of visual output and not necessarily the technology used to render it.

Can the nVidia FX 6x00 SLI produce anything close this level of graphics? OK lets say 80% of the details and 80% frame rate. If so then MS/ATI will have to produce a console with requirements within the next 12 months of:

2x FX 6x00+
Cost effective
Runs cooler
Smaller form factor (helps with the cost as well)
Harness the power of the hardware to its fullest potential (which is usually if not always done via coding to the metal) using XNA. Keep in mind the trade-off between efficiency vs easy-of-dev.
On top of all that beat everyone to market at this level of Real-Time graphics.

If they can pull it off, power to them and I'll get 2 consoles!! One to play, the other to admire. :D

Very nice CGI (for a small game company). Horrible, absolutely horrible music though.

Jov said:
hovz said:

Can the nVidia FX 6x00 SLI produce anything close this level of graphics? OK lets say 80% of the details and 80% frame rate. If so then MS/ATI will have to produce a console with requirements within the next 12 months of:

2x FX 6x00+
Cost effective
Runs cooler
Smaller form factor (helps with the cost as well)
Harness the power of the hardware to its fullest potential (which is usually if not always done via coding to the metal) using XNA. Keep in mind the trade-off between efficiency vs easy-of-dev.
On top of all that beat everyone to market at this level of Real-Time graphics.

If they can pull it off, power to them and I'll get 2 consoles!! One to play, the other to admire. :D

2 6800 ultras in sli mode would probably run 3dmark 05 game tests at an average of 35 fps assuming nvidia can get almost double the performance of a 6800 ultra under all conditions. 35 fps isnt that great, and the game tests arent even full games. so to answer your question no. but xbox2 doesnt have to be twice as powerful as a 6800 ultra or an xtpe because it doesnt have any of the overhead of a pc.

hovz said:
2 6800 ultras in sli mode would probably run 3dmark 05 game tests at an average of 35 fps assuming nvidia can get almost double the performance of a 6800 ultra under all conditions. 35 fps isnt that great, and the game tests arent even full games. so to answer your question no. but xbox2 doesnt have to be twice as powerful as a 6800 ultra or an xtpe because it doesnt have any of the overhead of a pc.

True, Xbox 2 doesn't have the overhead of a PC, but it will be using a dev toolset from the PC world (XNA) with some level of middleware, right?

By the sound of things the Xbox to needs to be what ~3-4 times the 6800 or X800 to have decent performance.

To be fair, if the PS3 is at this level I'll be just as surprised. *keeping my expectations low* :D

Those types of graphics will be possible on Xenon at 30fps if the budget allows, but the worlds have to be smaller to fit in RAM. ;)

PC-Engine said:
Those types of graphics will be possible on Xenon at 30fps if the budget allows, but the worlds have to be smaller to fit in RAM. ;)

Not flipping sides, but if my recollection is correct the jump from 9800 to X800 PE was like an improvement of 40%-60%+ depending on the game. Probably more if games utilised the features of the R4x0.

Say we do get 6800 Ultra SLI performance in Xbox 2, it still seems 1/2 - 1 PC gen graphics cycle behind. But that's just me, others are more optimistic.

PC-Engine said:

by those you mean 3dmark05 or that cg video in the 1st post.

Jov said:
hovz said:

True, Xbox 2 doesn't have the overhead of a PC, but it will be using a dev toolset from the PC world (XNA) with some level of middleware, right?

By the sound of things the Xbox to needs to be what ~3-4 times the 6800 or X800 to have decent performance.

To be fair, if the PS3 is at this level I'll be just as surprised. *keeping my expectations low* :D

what ????????????????? :?

Back