Warcraft 3 Reforged [2019]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
They're quite different games imo.
I just wonder if War3 will make a return to the main stage in competitive play. I still enjoy it more than sc2

New They're quite different games imo.
Not that much different in the sense that they're both fast-paced RTSes that involve a limited number of units, tech-trees, base management, resource management, etc.
I mean of course they're different games, but the genre is essentially the same, and @AlphaWolf referred to the genre.

Who asked for this? Really? Just develop a Warcraft 4 for god's sake! Between this and Diabo mobile, they are milking the franchises too much now..
I think we've all wanted them to, but with World of Warcraft, I think they are struggling to move the storyline forward.

Blizzard just released minimum specs for this:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/191926

Gee, I hope you guys have at least 10-year-old GPUs with 256MB GDDR3 and an Athlon 64 X2 with 2GB RAM.

I guess this is a remaster aimed at Intel IGPs.

I think we've all wanted them to, but with World of Warcraft, I think they are struggling to move the storyline forward.
Right now, there's a lot of doubt about Blizzard being willing to release games that people want, instead of desperately trying to maximize profit-per-dev-hours with low-energy efforts like this.
Regardless of how much WoW makes future storyline development harder. Besides, couldn't they just make Warcraft 4 based on already established events that were defined in WoW, e.g. between 2004 and 2010?

Gee, I hope you guys have at least 10-year-old GPUs with 256MB GDDR3 and an Athlon 64 X2 with 2GB RAM.

Right now, there's a lot of doubt about Blizzard being willing to release games that people want, instead of desperately trying to maximize profit-per-dev-hours with low-energy efforts like this.
Regardless of how much WoW makes future storyline development harder. Besides, couldn't they just make Warcraft 4 based on already established events that were defined in WoW, e.g. between 2004 and 2010?
That's a good question. WoW is by far the biggest money maker they've ever created, I think with hearthstone starting to get significant as well. They write their books to fall in line with what's happening in the universe, they are also ret-conning things in Reforged to support WoW storylines.

I would love another warcraft, but I don't think it's happening. Reforged might be the closest thing we get to Warcraft for a long time. RTS genre needs to be solved again to become relevant. Right now it's just far from that. There needs to be solid gameplay that will hook people in again, the storyline as you say, probably doesn't matter.

I like the recommended systems specs: Not yet available. LooooooooooooL :LOL:

Back