Wanna stream music to your PSP from your PC?

Easy. Just set your personal PC up as a webserver.
I'm using this program called TVersity Media Server. The pros are that you will have unlimited bandwidth and unlimited amounts of space to use.
Using the PSP's RSS feature will allow you to stream the music from your PC. I love this because you can do this from anywhere in the world, while not filling up my 1 gig memory stick. I currently have about 2 gigs worth of media to stream.
Now all I'm waiting for is for them to add the video downloading feature (since 2.80) allows you do this.
TVersityGUI_psp1.png

TVersityGUI_psp2.png

Want it?
http://www.tversity.com/index.html

mckmas8808 said:
You have a PSP that has at least 2.6 firmware right?

Since the days of devhook that doesn't really matter that much. Not to mention that those who don't regularly upgrade typically already know these things or have homebrew alternatives. ;)

Anyway, as of FirmWare 2.8 you can do this also with mp4 movies (vodcasts), and images.

Just as an aside, TVErsity has just announced support for 360.

PS3 support will probably be forthcoming which could solve the problem of the PS3>Windows networking

scooby_dooby said:
PS3 support will probably be forthcoming which could solve the problem of the PS3>Windows networking

Hold on so what are you trying to say? I could have certain music and videos on my PC that can be accessed using my PS3?

Hey this one's interesting! Just installed it, the GUI is quite bad though but I'll get by.

mckmas8808 said:
Have you used it yet on your PSP?

Yeah I tried it quickly, and works like a charm. Didn't have the time to dig around that much, wonder if it's possible to stream all your MP3s in random order as one big stream? At first glance I could only find a way to make an RSS feed out of all MP3s, but that lists the files individually.

It has video support too so 2.80 firmware might be able to stream videos too.

xmu said:
Yeah I tried it quickly, and works like a charm. Didn't have the time to dig around that much, wonder if it's possible to stream all your MP3s in random order as one big stream? At first glance I could only find a way to make an RSS feed out of all MP3s, but that lists the files individually.

It has video support too so 2.80 firmware might be able to stream videos too.

Yeah you can stream all of your music at one time in random order.

I guess this wouldn't be an issue with music but with video's you'd need a quite a bit of up stream bandwidth to stream movies of acceptable quality. I've got 600kbps which isn't sooo soo bad but still I can get better running movies off my mem stick. And then there's the whole problem of finding a wireless acess point :p Still pretty awsome though

mckmas8808 said:
Yeah you can stream all of your music at one time in random order.

You can? How? I'm just finishing this ~120 page development documentation at work but I'm too lazy to read anyone else's docs :)

xmu said:
You can? How? I'm just finishing this ~120 page development documentation at work but I'm too lazy to read anyone else's docs :)

I think you have to make a RSS feed of the folder location. When I choose the option to make it my RSS feed for my PSP it asked me was I sure and gave me a "YES" or "NO" question.

At the bottom left side of the PSP screen I noticed that it said 400+ items will be there for access (that's how many MP3s I have on my C:\ drive).

Back