Volume Decals demo

If you're thinking of a directional splash you don't need a cubemap in the first place. Plain old projected 2D texture would do the job and a frustum for the geometry. For an onmidirectional splash you'll need a cubemap (and render all faces) and a sphere/box for the geometry.

Q6600 and 8800GTS640. Windows 7 final RC, so might be a beta software issue.
Setting affinity didn't help.
Video

When you tried this, had the machine been up without rebooting for several days? If so, could you try downloading the demo again and see if the problem is gone? The problem went away for another guy after he rebooted and he had an uptime of like two weeks. It looks like my timer code was running into floating point precision issues. I've fixed that code now.

When you tried this, had the machine been up without rebooting for several days? If so, could you try downloading the demo again and see if the problem is gone? The problem went away for another guy after he rebooted and he had an uptime of like two weeks. It looks like my timer code was running into floating point precision issues. I've fixed that code now.
Aye, the computer stays on unless updates force a reboot. Seems to be the cause since all the demos work now (incl. previous downloads that didn't before) with an uptime of a few days.
Will have to wait a couple of weeks to verify the fix ;)

I'm having the same problem on one of my computers. It has a decent uptime (probably ~week). (Win7 final, GTX280, Core i7)
This is with whatever version downloaded as of 2/27/10. Also tried compiling myself and running in debug, same problem.
Works fine on another computer. (Win7 final, Quadro FX5800, Quad Core)

Back