Visiting Japan in January

Finally I will be able see and touch snow.
Keep your freezer door slightly ajar for a couple hours... That ought to do the trick. Much cheaper too! :p

I would go to Japan in the spring/early summer myself. Cherry blossoms, so pretty!

Keep your freezer door slightly ajar for a couple hours... That ought to do the trick. Much cheaper too! :p

I would go to Japan in the spring/early summer myself. Cherry blossoms, so pretty!

Whoa, yeah googled, and it looks NICE!

I will use that to inspire me to look for more ways to get money and visit Japan again.

Wait a sec. I just realized something weird.

Before I decided to visit Japan in Winter, I thought of I missed this moment I would never go to Japan my whole life, mainly due to time+money.

But now I have decided to go, and then reading @Grall post, my mind has changed.

Money? Time? Those are future stuff. Nah, somehow it will work out, will get more money and time to go to Japan again.

Sakura are overrated imo. The problem is that all the nice spots will be extremely crowded with Japanese getting themselves shitface drunk sitting under the trees. If you have a car you might be able to find a nice spot up the mountains.

Another problem is that Sakura only look good for about a week, two if you are lucky and the blooming period depends on many things so it's hard to plan for as a tourist.

Also the weather has been crap for the past couple of years during Sakura.

A much better option imo is looking at the momiji (autumn leafs). You can see whole mountains turn bright red and yellow. It is at least as pretty as Sakura. Also much easier to plan for and find good spots.

Where in Japan are you going? Kanto (Tokyo) and Kansai (Osaka) generally don't have snow, you'll need to go to Hokkaido for that.

all over the place, including a ice ski spot i forgot the name. Akiba too, gonna visit a maid cafe (which one?) and see it for myself what the hype

For cherry blossoms the campus of the University of Washington (Seattle) is awesome.

all over the place, including a ice ski spot i forgot the name. Akiba too, gonna visit a maid cafe (which one?) and see it for myself what the hype

Cool. No clue about maid cafes, the on you can find and get into I suppose ;) probably plenty of girls trying to lure customers (to all sorts of places) out on the street in akiba.

My advice would be to not cheap out. Maid cafes aren't cheap but the whole experience is a bit lame if you only order a drink. Pay extra to get your picture taken with them, sing a song or whatever.

If you somehow can't find one come to Osaka and I'll take you lol.

Oh a stay away from the Nigerians in Tokyo.

There will be a small, temporary drop in room temperature, but then it will actually start heating up the room, unless you have a very fancy freezer that has its heat exchange system outside the building.

No clue about maid cafes

Ah

My advice would be to not cheap out. Maid cafes aren't cheap but the whole experience is a bit lame if you only order a drink. Pay extra to get your picture taken with them, sing a song or whatever.

Whoa you actually seems pretty familiar with it. How much to spend do you recommend?

If you somehow can't find one come to Osaka and I'll take you lol.

Haha I'll gladly take the offer :p if I go to Osaka

There will be a small, temporary drop in room temperature
No, no, you misunderstand... (Or maybe I simply explained poorly. :p)

I intended to infer at the tendency of freezers to build up ample frost deposits if you forget to shut the freezer door - especially in a moist climate. Heh.

Ah

Whoa you actually seems pretty familiar with it. How much to spend do you recommend?

Haha I'll gladly take the offer :p if I go to Osaka

I haven't been to a maid cafe in Tokyo in 7 years I think so that's why I said that. These places probably open/close frequently as well.

I'd say set aside 5000 ~ 6000 Yen or so. Not a lot in the grande scheme of things but that is a pretty decent meal or three evenings of all you can drink so it kind of depends on where your priorities are.

Of course if you can afford it/get in what you really want to do is go to a oppai bar. Wrong enough to be fun but not so wrong that you won't want to tell anybody about it hehe.

Back