VIDEO: Crysis DX10 Footage: better resolution - 640 x 360

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Mack, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mack

Newcomer

Added in TotalCRY.com archives a DX10 video in a better quality (640 x 360). It is the same footage we already made available here, but now it has a better quality (it is not yet a HIGH RESOLUTION vid, but it is the best DX10 footage for now - was cutted from a 1.32 GB Microsoft Conference Presentation file).

[​IMG]

You need be a registered member to download this file.

As IGN commented, "The scene on deck was pretty cool. Fires were raging and smoke was pouring out of the ship and into the air. When the Hunter pronounced its presence with that mighty scream, the battle was on. While we're on the subject, this is one of the areas presented to show the difference between DirectX 9 and 10 in the earlier video presentation. In the DX9 version, the Hunter comes out, screams, looks scary, and then that's about it. In the DX10 version, the Hunter comes out and its scream causes all of the fire and smoke in front of it to react. Both blow away from the monster creating with a detail, a much more immersive experience."

In the site you can download more than 17 crysis videos, including:

[​IMG]

and ...

[​IMG]

Best regards!

2. Galduta

Veteran

#2 Galduta, May 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  3. Mack

Newcomer

4. Galduta

Veteran

#4 Galduta, May 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  5. Mack

Newcomer

Hey man... The link you mentioned is related to Crysis GDC 2006 Hi-Res Trailer and not about Crysis running in DX10 (footage in 640 x 360 resolution).

:!:

6. pakotlar

Banned

mack it's cool that you are pimping your site, but I don't like to sign up to download anything, and I won't on your site either. nice collection of content though, I wish I could see it.

edit: I don't mean this as a slam either. Just trying to give you a (hopefully) helpful critique from a regular guy.

7. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

Yes, signing up to do nothing at all but download a file is a pain.

8. Mack

Newcomer

Hey Skrying and pakotlar,

I deeply comprehend you but let me tell you something.

When TotalCRY was released on 03 May 2006, everybody could download all files without registration. It was fine. I liked that.

Well... After some days, i saw many others sites adding a news about a NEW Crysis VIDEO in their sites but the link was to TotalCRY (so, people who was visiting www.ilovecrysis.br, for example, was downloading the files from TotalCRY server). Could you image what happened? Some day, when i try access www.totalcry.com i saw the following message: "SERVEr UNAVAILABLE"... I contacted the hosting company and they told me the following: "your site had a high traffic in the last days, and that is causing some issues in the server. As your site is hosted in a shared plan, comprehend that others sites have been effected by your. So, you need hire a Dedicated Server plan."

And... They didn´t publish TotalCRY anymore.

Ok... Today TotalCRY has 2 servers (one for the website and another just to host files). Both servers are VPS (virtual private server).

So, TotaLCRY will not freely make available the files because others sites will put it as a mirror and we will gonna be in trouble again. If someone wants fresh and new content about Crysis and other content from Crytek, must be a registered member and then download the files in a high speed server.

Again... I comprehend your demand, but there is not another way.

Hope you comprehend too.

Best regards!

Mack

9. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

You could try some more secure links. Look at how Home of the Underdogs does it. They use a "turing" box where you need to type in a code before a download starts. That way it's impossible to hotlink directly. And you don't annoy people who don't want to register.

10. Mack

Newcomer

Thanks for this suggestion... I will look for a Joomla solution (because the site is based on Joomla CMS) that implements what you said and test that. For now, the only quickly solution is using the registration method.

Cheers!

11. Neeyik

Neeyik Homo ergaster
    Veteran

Mack - may I make the request that you use our boards for discussions et al and not solely for the purpose of promoting your own site?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.