Video card religion.

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I've been reading a lot about the NV40 and R420 and came to one conclusion.

There are far too many fanATIcs and nVidiots.

These people talk about their brand like it's a religion, don't you think it's time to officially make it a religion?

I just care about performance/cost ratio. Currently im leaning towards ati, but plan on making my decision after reviews of r420 next week.
epic

For what it's worth, I do this because it's fun....some people have lost sight of the fun-ness of it all. Suck's to be them...

micron said:
For what it's worth, I do this because it's fun....some people have lost sight of the fun-ness of it all. Suck's to be them...
What's the point of a video card anyway? To play games to have fun, right?

(Or to do work, to get money, which is then used for fun. :p)

Why do fanboiz rant and rave like religious fanatics?
They are worse than fanatical Islamic extremists.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Why do fanboiz rant and rave like religious fanatics?

Because graphics card preference is a personal choice, and anybody who buys a different brand is calling their judgement into question. If you choose something different, you're implicitly saying they got it wrong, and made a big (multi-hundred-dollar) screw-up. The natural thing to do, when confronted by non-believers, is to rant and rage about people who have made that different choice.

Just like religion. Or politics. Or sexual orientation. Or any of the other stuff that gets discussed in here.
[/url]

My first proper 3D card was a RivaTNT2 Ultra from Creative(I stil have this card). My second card was a GF1 DDR(only because it took long for the GF2 card to get released here). My next and current card was a GF3 original(not ti). This card I bought in the UK for 300 pounds. If I bought it here i'd most probably pay around double that(at the time). If I had money to spend this year I most probably would've had a 9800Pro/XT but as things turned out I don't. So my next card will be the winner between the NV40 and R420 with out driver cheats etc. Oh and it must have the PCI-E interface.

It won't fase me if the R42x only has DX2.0x options. All I want is the card that will give me the most performance at 1024x768(or 1280x1024) with max AA and max AF. Picture quality will be a factor. Price of course will be a small factor as far as i'm concerned. I'll most probably have to get a new monitor to play at 1280x1024 and it will have to do 85hz min. My current monitor does 85hz at 1024x768.

I can't really see myself playing a game at 1600x1200. That's so tiny.

US

Awwww my first "proper" 3D card was a Canopus Pure3D (Voodoo1).... At the time i was in heaven!!!!!!!!!! How i loved my 3dFX!!!! it was the "weird one", the one with 6MB of RAM, 2 more than most others... was never sure what advantages that actually brought to me, but i thought 50% more RAM would help so i bought it.

Now? Forced to stick with Nvidia (5900U). Don't ask.... :cry: ;)

I think of the fanboys more like politicians and rabid party followers.

Where Republicans follow the Republican party no matter what they say, and Democrats follow the Democrat party no matter what it says.

Nvidia fanboys believe Nvidia is right no matter what they do, and ATI fanboys believe ATI is right no matter what. What we need are some fangirls to put everything in perspective. :LOL:

horvendile said:
epicstruggle said:
ive never seen a bhudist extremist.

Not actually having seen one, I think they do exist. Even the violent sort.
monk-burning.jpg

That's pretty extreme, to me.

But seriously, though, it seems Sri Lanka has 'buddhist extremists' who believe in a buddhist only state.

edit: oh poo. Found another "burning monk picture"

RussSchultz said:
horvendile said:
epicstruggle said:
ive never seen a bhudist extremist.

Not actually having seen one, I think they do exist. Even the violent sort.
burning-monk.jpg

That's pretty extreme, to me.

But seriously, though, it seems Sri Lanka has 'buddhist extremists' who believe in a buddhist only state.

Definately too extreme. I mean, not supporting off-site pix?? Cant get much worse than that!! :LOL:

epicstruggle said:
hjs said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
They are worse than fanatical Islamic extremists.

you can replace that Islamic with any relegion ;)
ive never seen a bhudist extremist. Would that be someone like richard gere?;)
epic

Somebody who sets themselves on fire in the name of their religion..

"what are you doing?!"
"making you deal with your chit"

well...
everyone knows me as biggest Bitboys / Matrox radicalist that earth has ever met, but Still I don't it's on the level of religion yet... ;)

and oh... Next card I'll be getting is... Parhelia. yep, at last I can afford a one. :) though, it's the new revision, but still it's Matrox.

How good is it? well, just taste it name: MATROX, ROcks, ROcks...

;)

Back