Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines on GOG

Davros

Legend
I dont normally make posts about gog re releases but Bloodlines is one of the most atmospheric games ever made you really owe it to yourself to play this game if you havn't

https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines

Lets see what B3d readers have to say about this game
Dragon Age is Bioware's first "hardcore" RPG after five straight console-focused "softcore" ones. And it's still nowhere near the quality of Troika's Arcanum and Bloodlines IMO.

Bloodline is one of the last examples of the grandeur and decadence of CRPGs. It's rough and bugged as all hell, but damn if it isn't one of the finest role playing experience one could get on the PC.

It's almost like Deus Ex, whenever someone brings it up someone else will go install it and replay...I think I'm gonna do that now. :p

Yep, it is the only game that comes cloes to DE. Basically, it's Deus Ex with vampires. :smile:

Last edited:
I always heard it was super buggy and slightly unfinished. Is that not the case?

No that was true but fixed with the unofficial patch
there are 2 versions of the unofficial patch basic and plus.
Basic is just bug fixes, plus is bug fixes plus restoring and completing unfinished content and content that was left out of the retail game, gameplay balance tweakes ect
the gog version comes with the normal unofficial patch
you can of course install the plus patch if you want

This game was ( is ) amazing, sadly released at the same time of Half Life2 ( note that it use too the same Valve Source engine ), it have not get the reception that it should have. It was was one of the first truly "open" world game ( ala GTA )...

Im really suprised that the "unnofficial patch" are still made today. As i have the game, im tempted by the extreme mod patch or the "final nights" one.

If you install one of those mods will you give us a review
have you tried any other mods ?

For the moment i have just install the 9.5 Plus. But honestly i have not even get the time to start the game.

The extreme mod seems to be mostly based on an overhaul of the difficulty with some "special " mechanism added .

FInal Night, seems add new characters, new races, transformation.

I'm just replaying bloodlines with the 9.5 plus this time as a malkavian
cant say ive noticed any difference from the standard game

I've played a significant chunk of the game with a recent patch. I didn't notice anything in particular. The graveyard defense mission is still a bitch. Heh.

I mostly appreciate the ready to go widescreen support. ;)

I suppose if you've played the game to death all the changes are more apparent.

I'm just replaying bloodlines with the 9.5 plus this time as a malkavian
cant say ive noticed any difference from the standard game

Cant say i see difference outside maybe some item locations and bug fixes. outside the " history " thing when you create the characters... it was specially the last part of the game who had some serious bugs anyway and incoherency. Also it seems a lot of "bug exploit" have been removed.

Back