Use OpenGL|ES to do 2D vector graphics.

muratmat

Newcomer
Browsing the Khronos website, I've found that some guys (amanithvg.com) have done an implementation of OpenVG using OpenGL / OpenGL|ES.
I've seen examples and seem impressive. I wonder if this approach would be good for handhelds...theoretically talking i think it would be great if all phones interfaces will be rendered inside a unique OpenGL|ES context.

Some of the graphics hardware companies are already supporting OpenVG on their OpenGL ES cores for portables.

muratmat said:
Browsing the Khronos website, I've found that some guys (amanithvg.com) have done an implementation of OpenVG using OpenGL / OpenGL|ES.
I've seen examples and seem impressive. I wonder if this approach would be good for handhelds...theoretically talking i think it would be great if all phones interfaces will be rendered inside a unique OpenGL|ES context.
I wonder what your relation to these guys is... ;)

The main problem with this approach is that there is an even better one: A combined OpenGL ES/OpenVG graphics driver that has direct access to the underlying hardware. Thus it can make use of all the features not exposed through OpenGL ES.

Back