Unreal Engine 5, [UE5 Developer Availability 2022-04-05]

Someone posted this on Twitter. Made from just smashing some market place megascans together in UE5.

FTBh-i-Ja-QAEYDth.jpg
That's a photograph.

Click on 'Metadata' --> https://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=a4a1c678d09365e2c162cc88e00e8cbb948f77c4.784111

It's a running gag from this guy:

Indeed. Happens to the best of us.

This time we are living right now in real-time graphics is very interesting.

Yeah its... i first saw this on my phone and was like aha thats really impressive. Then i watch it on a larger display and then ye, its abit too 'clean' but still i wouldnt deem it directly impossible either. We have come so far that you'd have to look twice to see if its a picture or a game engine. These confusions wouldnt have happened with the PS2 generation :p

Thanks for clearing that up. I'd been wondering how that looked so massively better than anything we'd seen up until now WRT hardware assisted RT, Nanite and hardware assisted RT + Nanite. :D

Regards,
SB

I think its already shared but no less impressive for that. Supposedly 3090 level hardware that was running the final demo. Enough of a leap if we get games (with AI/NPC's, game logic and all) running with that kind of fidelity at reasonable framerates (60?) and resolutions. Doubt it will happen but one can hope another crysis happens this gen.

Reactions: snc
Yeah, Fluid Flux is really amazing. Everyone working on any UE5 game should implement it. This looks so much more realistic and also is very performant compared to Niagra water.

Last edited:
Back