unreal engine 3 @ GDC

kyetech

Regular
So apparantly they are gonna be showing there lastest builds of new tech running on this engine. And I must admit, Im getting SO BORED with the lack of any info lately, that I really hope we see some cool stuff.

Anything to relieve some of my boredom !! :oops:

That's crucially important in the next generation of consoles, even more so than it is today, because we have the ability to do unbelievably insane graphics on these next-gen consoles, but we still have relatively low amounts of memory. In fact, I got a video card yesterday from NVIDIA which has probably twice as much memory as the next-generation video consoles are going to have - and that's only a video card!

Doh. Well, thats Mark thinking the consoles will be 256MB.

Well, you might have seen this, but here's some footage of the first game actually running on UE3.0.

Gamesopt, down the bottom titled 'RoboHoardes', the download alot better.

Stillmatic said:
Well, you might have seen this, but here's some footage of the first game actually running on UE3.0.

So it's running on a new Pentium D pseudo-multicore-processor. To me it looks like there's so much physics involved, but not that spectacular to my eyes... on what video card is it running??

one said:
Stillmatic said:

So it's running on a new Pentium D pseudo-multicore-processor. To me it looks like there's so much physics involved, but not that spectacular to my eyes... on what video card is it running??

Intel did have a couple multithreaded game demonstrations running on the IDF floor, including RoboHordes, the first publicly shown game based on the Unreal Engine 3. Intel commissioned the game as a tech demo, and hasn't announced yet if the game will be a retail release or part of a multicore software bundle. The early revision of the game we saw taxed the system heavily--the game was running at 25fps at 800x600 on system with a Radeon X850 XT and a dual-core Pentium Processor.
Gamespot

That's pretty sweet. That one game was running 8 threads simultaneously with 100% cpu utilization. The physics was also running at 100fps. :oops:

DaveBaumann said:

Didn't Deano say not to get our hopes up about anything greater than 256MB? ;)

edit: oh wait nevermind. He was talking about eDram. :p

DaveBaumann said:
That's crucially important in the next generation of consoles, even more so than it is today, because we have the ability to do unbelievably insane graphics on these next-gen consoles, but we still have relatively low amounts of memory. In fact, I got a video card yesterday from NVIDIA which has probably twice as much memory as the next-generation video consoles are going to have - and that's only a video card!

It's too low for next gen,and the disscussion about CGI graphics
or in point of the original Unreal3 Engine ,i think it was unnecessary.
In comparing of Xbox1 it's only 4x times more and only 6,4x times
more than ps2.For a Beat em Up it's ok but if you want the same
graphic of an Beat em up in an free and big 3dworld(adventure,rpg)
it is not enough.I think this is not the real nextgen.

DaveBaumann said:
one said:
So it's running on a new Pentium D pseudo-multicore-processor.

Pseudo multicore?

See the Inq's prediction about Smithfield and it's confirmed by the diagram and the die-photo. It has 2 FSBs in a package so it's hard to set the FSB clockspeed higher.
Besides, Intel changed the definition of multicore to include multi-chip. "Multicore" usually means the example of Montecito in the picture.

kaigai_9.jpg

kaigai02.jpg

Back