Unreal Championship 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One might want to wish the game won't just be pretty slideshow pictures; hopefully the framerate is much improved over the original also... :)

Guden Oden said:
One might want to wish the game won't just be pretty slideshow pictures; hopefully the framerate is much improved over the original also... :)

Well, i don't see the words "fast" or "smooth" anywhere in their PR talk list of features thing. Take that as you wish....

Guden Oden said:
hopefully the framerate is much improved over the original also... :)

It will be.
Epic retuned a version of their engine specifically for the Xbox. UC2 will be its first appearance (although some other licensees have incorporated some of the technology already (Republic Commando, I think)).

DeathKnight said:
Eronarn said:
Eh? UT2004 Xbox? Eh.

:rolleyes:
Try reading about the game or watching some videos before blindly commenting. It's nothing like UT2K4.

Sorry that assuming a game would be anything close to its original version. I mean, this is why I can't guess that HL2 will play like HL or Doom 3 will be a FPS where you fight demons, m I rite? :rolleyes:

The original was Unreal Championship and that was pretty close to UT2K3. Unreal Championship 2 is a complete overhaul and entirely new game being made specifically for the Xbox ground up.

Like I said, read up on the game and watch some videos before blindly commenting (complete with rolleyes).

DeathKnight said:
The original was Unreal Championship and that was pretty close to UT2K3. Unreal Championship 2 is a complete overhaul and entirely new game being made specifically for the Xbox ground up.

Like I said, read up on the game and watch some videos before blindly commenting (complete with rolleyes).

That's my point.

Unreal Championship = UT2003 + stuff.

It's reasonable to assume that Unreal Championship 2, which coincides with the release of UT2004 in a similar way that the first did with 2003, will be similar to UT2004. It may be wrong, but it's certainly no reason to get hostile when I assume it.

No, it wasn't just a simple assumption on your part (which would have been "I'm guessing this game is pretty similar to UT2K4"). It was a short, dumb, blanket comment with rolleyes. Nothing but negativity. You even skip right past the screens and video in the first post. Next time educate yourself before posting.

DeathKnight said:
No, it wasn't just a simple assumption on your part (which would have been "I'm guessing this game is pretty similar to UT2K4"). It was a short, dumb, blanket comment with rolleyes. Nothing but negativity. You even skip right past the screens and video in the first post. Next time educate yourself before posting.

Yes, it is a simple assumption. UC was just a port of 2003, very nondescript- why should I have expectations for it to be anything else than a port of 2004? Video? Too busy listening to music, not going to turn it off to download something. Images? I did look, and they did look rather like 2004, actually. Not the same interface, but that's simple enough to change. You need to chill, and stop worrying about small things like this. It makes all parties involved look like assclowns.

You can try to cover your ass all you'd like, but it's quite obvious it was more than a simple assumption. You didn't educate yourself to get any kind of clue about the game (didn't read any info or watch any videos, just quickly looked at some screens, which by the way include things like melee weapons... easy tipoff it's not similar). Then you post four words and a rolleyes. Nice effort there buddy. It has troll written all over your post. You need to stop worrying about someone exposing your post and demeanor for what they really were.

DeathKnight said:
You can try to cover your ass all you'd like, but it's quite obvious it was more than a simple assumption. You didn't educate yourself to get any kind of clue about the game (didn't read any info or watch any videos, just quickly looked at some screens, which by the way include things like melee weapons... easy tipoff it's not similar). Then you post four words and a rolleyes. Nice effort there buddy. It has troll written all over your post. You need to stop worrying about someone exposing your post and demeanor for what they really were.

Uhhuh, and who's the one attacking who, here? That's usually a good sign a person's a troll, not 'not being excited about a sequel to a mediocre game'. Cool off, and stop attacking needlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back