Unity Adam demo assets and executables availabe

Discussion in 'Rendering Technology and APIs' started by lanek, Nov 24, 2016.

1. lanek

Veteran

2. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Gorgeous rendering with the moblur and dof hiding the obvious but still high quality polygons and surface assets. It's well done but you can see why they don't let you have free roam.

3. lanek

Veteran

I will have like too a bit more free camera movement, but well, it is designed as a movie so it is understandable.

A little things, as the assets are *.FBX ( and textures have been made in substance painter too ), you can import them easely on any 3D modeling softwares. ( Blender, 3DsMax, Modo etc ). UV and mesh data will be imported, and textures, material are usable too. Only the rigging need to be redone ( bones are present and recognized, but constraint are not )

4. CSI PC

Veteran Newcomer

5. DavidGraham

Veteran

Only episode 2 is available to work on GPUs though. I tried it on my 1070, Ultra settings and 1440p I can only sustain 30fps, with drops to 20fps in busy scenes. 1080p Ultra works well @30fps locked though. Episode 1 ran much smoother than this. I'm guessing episode 2 has a lot more advanced cinematic DOF and Motion Blur than episode 1, that's why it needs more powerful hardware. That and the fact that you can free roam each set piece.

6. CSI PC

Veteran Newcomer

Asset Packs is 2/3 and yeah executable is episode 2.
    The cloth and character physics-simulation is pretty advanced through alembic support.

7. pharma

Veteran Regular