Unigine v0.33 introduces Precomputed Radiance Transfer support

Did you bother to read the section in the rules that says spamming the board isn't allowed? :rolleyes:

Besides, precomputed schmecomputed! :LOL:

Guden Oden said:
Did you bother to read the section in the rules that says spamming the board isn't allowed? :rolleyes:

Besides, precomputed schmecomputed! :LOL:
1 post isn't spamming and nice intro to a guy showing off technology in action that's highly relevant to these here forums. I swear we need a special rolleyes smiley just for you sometimes.

Cheers DenDiesel, the demos look really good. Will be back to comment when I've had a closer look.

Thanks for the heads-up DenDiesel.

The demos and videos seem impressive in quite a few areas, although that's just from a humble gamer's perspective. The motion blur effect was noticeable and performance was higher than I expected on my ageing system (XP2400+, 1GB, 9800Pro, Cat 5.7), atlhough enabling depth shadows impacted framerate severely. The interfaces were clean and efficient and the benchmarking capability should be welcomed for testing purposes.

Is the HDR implementation using fp16 blending only, as I couldn't enable it with AA off? Are any integer formats planned and will you update the engine/demos to allow for concurrent MSAA and HDR for parts like R520? Does one also need SM3.0 hardware to enable Refraction, Volume Fog and Soft Shadows?

At the 30-second mark in the Cave video, "multiple sound sources" is mentioned as a feature -- could you elaborate on this if possible -- is the implementation similar to Carmack's 5.1 multi-channel sound algorithm for Doom3 or something else entirely?

Cheers,

BrynS

Our lead developer said:

HDR code use fp16 blending and was written for nv40. ATI r5xx boards can do multisampling, so when we get one of them, there will be HDR on ATI.

About sound: demos use software sound via OpenAL, for the moment we didn't tested 5.1 effects.

DenDiesel,

Nice demos. They could use a little polish here and there, but it's looking good. One thing you may want to fix or at least make a note of asap is for the GUI, which is lovely looking and easy to use once you figure out how. It took me a few clicks to discover the mouse2 mode switch so I could actually use the menu and I ended up having to alt-F4 out of the demo the first time because I could not click "quit". Heh. Maybe I am stupid, but wouldn't it be easy to change it so that activating the menu gives the mouse pointer "focus"?

I also didn't fiigure out how to use some of the physics, but I am guilty of not reading any documentation.

The main thing I wanted to ask about is if it is normal that the flyby and free demoing modes tend to hitch? I am using a 6800 Ultra with ForceWare 78.05 and there are moments when the demo seems to pause and then hurry to catch up. This seems isolated to certain points in the world so I think it is something with the code rather than the hardware/drivers (which work excellently otherwise).

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to v 0.4 and beyond.

Thank you for reasonable ideas about GUI usability, we'll take them under consideration.

We didn't tested Unigine demos with 78.05 drivers. Some speed problems can occur when there is noticeable FPS drop in some moments. But demos runs smoothly on 6800...

Back