Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

By then there should be walkthroughs posted.

Why would u want walkthroughs? is 94 metacritic not enough ! o_O ! ! !
waiting for sale is fine,I have been constantly broke since this wonderful console called ps4 came out, but watching a walkthrough is the end of all excitement you might feel while actually playing it !

Is this the thread where I can say that, having played the first 7 chapters, I cannot for the life of me understand where these raving scores are coming from? Or is this the Uncharted Safe Space? So far it's been far and away the most passive, the slowest, and also the shallowest of the 4 games. I've counted three shoot outs in 7 chapters so far (and one of them barely qualifies as such). Other than that it's lots of skill-free jumping across the scenery. It's certainly drop dead gorgeous and full of sweet character moments (plus one crucial one that seems super dishonest), but it's guilty of all the same sins people used as justification for nailing The Order to the cross. Heck, I'd say The Order is at least more satisfying as a shooter.

Last edited:
Is this the thread where I can say that, having played the first 7 chapters, I cannot for the life of me understand where these raving scores are coming from? Or is this the Uncharted Safe Space? So far it's been far and away the most passive, the slowest, and also the shallowest of the 4 games. I've counted three shoot outs in 7 chapters so far (and one of them barely qualifies as such). Other than that it's lots of skill-free jumping across the scenery. It's certainly drop dead gorgeous and full of sweet character moments (plus one crucial one that seems super dishonest), but it's guilty of all the same sins people used as justification for nailing The Order to the cross. Heck, I'd say The Order is at least more satisfying as a shooter.
I had the same complaint with UC3 and was hoping this one won't be like that ! One didn't even get the grenades till one reached Borneo in that one. The game basically started after 10 chapters.
I guess this is what the reviewer meant by "less shooting".

Less shooting in the beginning segments, more time to explore narrative beats and develop characters. This is a narrative driven game through and through(probably TLOU influence), although you are given the option to specifically replay encounters which are only shooty shooty.

For anyone that hasn't played the previous games, recommended watch (even if you played them)

Less shooting in the beginning segments, more time to explore narrative beats and develop characters. This is a narrative driven game through and through(probably TLOU influence), although you are given the option to specifically replay encounters which are only shooty shooty.

Actually it's to climb and hop across the gorgeous scenery without a care in the world for hours. When you actually do manage to miss a jump, they even start you off at the very ledge you fell off. There's certainly a hell of a lot more "gameplay" in the early goings of TLoU. I just think if you're focusing so heavily on traversal, figure out a way to make it at least somewhat thrilling.

Couldn't disagree more about the opening, this is >TLOU for me gameplay wise and design wise(you actually get to learn the mechanics instead of just walk forward). Only thing TLOU has over it is the you know what at the end of the prologue. Also the overall presentation in this game is beyond anything I've ever seen.

Back