Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

Why do they have green screen on their crotch?

As far as I know these newer types of mocap suits are created from a fabric that acts as one side of a Velcro, so that markers can be fitted on easily. However that material may be quite uncomfortable, so it makes sense to use something else in areas where you wouldn't want to put any markers. Just guessing here though ;)

As far as I know these newer types of mocap suits are created from a fabric that acts as one side of a Velcro, so that markers can be fitted on easily. However that material may be quite uncomfortable, so it makes sense to use something else in areas where you wouldn't want to put any markers. Just guessing here though ;)

I was wondering if it might be something sophisticated like analyzing the shape of that area to infer the position of the hips, pelvis. I'm assuming the other markers are attached so they remain spherical from any viewing angle, where a circle printed on the fabric would be a different shape depending on the angle to the camera.

I was wondering if it might be something sophisticated like analyzing the shape of that area to infer the position of the hips, pelvis. I'm assuming the other markers are attached so they remain spherical from any viewing angle, where a circle printed on the fabric would be a different shape depending on the angle to the camera.
There's certainly no need for the fancy design if just for comfort's sakes, so there's likely something to this.

That doesn't really make sense.

First of all, the mocap cameras are tuned to only detect the extremely reflective markers, so they wouldn't see any normal patterns - you'd have to install a second set of cameras for that
Sure, ILM's iMocap uses that approach, using a very small number of cameras and pattern recognition - but then again that system can't use the reflective markers. So the two are sort of exclusive.

Also, this kind of mocap (the marker based one) would already get enough data for the hips just from the markers. The pelvis is a bony area so there's little distortion from soft tissue, and the rotation of the thigh joints can be calculated from the position of the knee markers. There's no need for any additional information there, it's actually one of the easier elements to solve as far as I know (shoulders are usually more problematic).

So it's just a fashion thing I guess ;)

There's certainly no need for the fancy design if just for comfort's sakes, so there's likely something to this.

I think it's just an extra layer of clothing that the actor wears under the mocap suit. Probably better suited to handle perspiration and such, something like Nike's Dri-fit or Under Armor stuff.

Its so they can go potty without needing to take the suit out. Also used to record nate and eleina's sex scene coming up in the dlc

Just seems weird that it's painted green, vs being black like the rest of the suit.

It's probably some personal clothing of the actor. Although I haven't watched the entire video so I don't know what the others are wearing.

It's a one piece jump-suit ,no cutouts. The design is also present under the arms, down the side of the torso. However, the girl's suit is plain yellow in these places, so it's can't be part of the capture. It may be that the lines provide a reference point for some capture stuff, and maybe the green stripe version is a later/earlier model of suit before requirements were adjusted?

Again, the Vicon cameras won't see any normal patterns, they're tuned for the super reflective material on the ball markers. Makes little sense to install a secondary system on top of the Vicon one. It's probably just a comfortability thing.

Any news on the additional DLC singleplayer content? There was supposed to be some, wasn't there?
Wouldn't it be nice if it were something made for VR, a small adventure made in the style of the Batman VR experience would be good, thank you.

Nope. Troy seems to hint that it will be shown in december in Playstation event, which is very wrong as far as I am concerned. The season pass has not given me anything till now and its been months. This is just depressing, we were supposed to get a co-op mode by October that isn't even being talked about now. Me and friends have been waiting for the coop mode since the game released as we found the game very very lacking when it came to the number of action/fire-fight sections.
:(

Back