Umbra (kickstarter)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062682568/umbra/video_share

This is pretty impressive looking. It's a Diablo type game using CryEngine and has some really advanced effects.

The thing that worries me is that their Kickstarter is only asking for 225,000 USD and their ambitions for the game are massive (look at those features they want to implement O.O). I don't think 225,000 is going to be enough for what they want to do, but hopefully this gets enough funding to make the game possible.

In other words, buyer beware if you decide to participate in the Kickstarter.

Regards,
SB

Well they do specifically talk about the small amount of money (comparatively speaking), but yes it's definitely fairly lofty goals. However the base game is 4 sq km, which isn't really very large so I think the base goals are achievable.

The most incredible thing is that there is a game other than Star Citizen using Cryengine.

There's actually quite a few games using CryEngine on PC. Mostly in China and South Korea, but some western titles (Evolve, Mechwarrior Online, and State of Decay, for example) as well.

Regards,
SB

Scenery destruction isn't just for pretty graphics, it actually affects the game. IE - you can actually block off the enemy from reaching you. Pretty cool.

Regards,
SB

Back