Two Worlds 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Ancient, Oct 30, 2010.

1. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

It's not, and starting to look doubtful that it ever will be.

2. KKRT

Veteran

I've got a game, but cant force AF. Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 switch paralax off, but CCC dont force AF ;\
    Changing Engine.MaxAnisotrophy option from 0 to 16 dont help too.
    Any ideas? I've got 4850, XP SP3 and 10.6 driver.

Ps. Tried to switch off HDR - didnt help

3. ion

ion

i kinda wished there was a first person mode, maybe a mod or something could enable one. But this version is alot better than the first one.

4. Davros

Legend

You have, what would this game be called ?

5. Davros

Legend

regarding drakensang found this on the official forum

Hi all,

finally I have good official news for you:
    Drakensang: River of Time will be released in US and UK.

Currently we are aiming for a release in the beginning of 2011, but I will deliver final dates as soon as they are approved.

Also the game will be released in Russia and Benelux this year.

Best,
    Betty
    Content & Community Manager
    dtp entertainment AG

Benelux version will include English language

6. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Goodies! John Reynolds had me worried there for a minute. :smile:

7. KKRT

Veteran

Probably same as a topic title?

8. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

That big-ass island to the north of the map is multiplayer only, so you better really love the Savannah setting. (The jungle setting looks very nice. Much better than the Savannah. Sadly it's very small) The official German Topware forum went into a meltdown-state once this was discovered. The game was first promoted as being the biggest open-world rpg ever, measuring a gigantic 60 squaremiles in total. Unfortunately it only comes down to about 12 once you take away the ocean and the largest island. The dynamic wheather system that's advertised on the back of the box seems to be MIA as well. The game also has a weird day-night-cycle. It's like somone suddently turns the lights on or off.

As for the game: I've certainly warmed up to it a bit, but whether I can to bring myself to finish it or not is still up in the air.

9. Davros

Legend

10. Davros

Legend

I asked before if anyone had played Divinity 2 having read a review it seems quite interesting if far from bug free (especially on the 360)

"By consulting a reclusive necromancer early on, and later through your Battle Tower, you can mix and match heads, arms, torsos and legs to create a helper creature that can be summoned in the field and in many cases prove to be quite useful in combat. "

"More customization systems are conveniently consolidated when you finally take charge of the Battle Tower, which then serves as your primary base of operations. Here you can brew potions, enchant equipment, and find numerous other NPCs who are willing to help you out on your journey. You can even send out runners into the field to collect reagents and spend cash to improve their armor and weaponry to better ensure success. At this point in the game, which is a fair way in, you'll also be able to morph into a dragon, which has a significant effect on zone design and exploration from that point forward."

11. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

People are playing the re-released Divinity 2 that includes the expansion. It's available on Steam and Amazon as a dig d/l, not sure if a physical box is ever going to be sold, but the word of mouth is quite positive. Apparently the game has been polished up quite a bit.

12. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

You can get Two Worlds II now at gogamer.com (that's how i got Gothic3 back in the day). People on forums (from US) say it works fine.

oh and it's $39.90 for the next 16 hours (instead of $50)

13. Davros

Legend

some news

Two Worlds II Website now offers the release of Two Worlds II: Gold Edition, a free upgrade for all owners of Reality Pump's role-playing sequel. Among other things, this adds multiplayer interoperability with the just-released Mac OS X edition. Here's more: "The Gold Upgrade provides an immense download package for the award winning role playing hit. With over 100 modifications and enhancements, Reality Pump and TopWare guarantee even more fun with the top selling hit! The Gold Upgrade provides a PC adapted Interface, upgrades to enemy AI and gameplay balancing, as well as technical updates for ATI graphic cards just to name a few."

14. DennisK4

Newcomer

I have installed the Gold upgrade patch and this gives you a DX10 .exe to run.

With this you get an ingame 4xAA option but the most important thing by far is that Parallax mapping is now compatible with Anisotropic filtering. Looks great with 16xAF and POM on.

Suposedly a DX11 patch will emerge some time.

15. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

The game graphics is beauty, but how's the rest?
    Is it worth getting it for a fan of RPG who got bored by Oblivion?

16. Ancient

Newcomer

No!

17. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

Is it better than the first game? ;)

BTW, did you guys know that the original's soundtrack was composed by Harold Faltermeyer?

18. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

I just got it (US). It has sailing!!! (controls in the manual). Im just getting started so I'll report back. I've read the manual, the horse controls seem to have changed (i like the old way). Also this time you can deconstruct items and use the components to upgrade (or even recolor) other items (spending appropriate skill points that is for the ability). A lot of other things seem very familiar

At any rate, I'll report back in a day or two. I'd like to find something to sail.

Seems to be a good bit of distance between the islands on the enclosed map. Opportunity to sail. granted the sailing controls aren't sail sim worthy, but you do control boom/rudder and must mind wind direction (telltail on mast), so im hopeful. im just happy i can sail for the first time in an rpg! i often wished i could mosey around the coasts in gothic(s) and in two worlds 1.

Oh you can also be a musician and play for pay (not as opposed to archer i mean)...and in bands this time around. (buy sheetmusic) it's a minigame.

also lockpicking is different. not sure if i like it.

im doing my usual archer/thief thing.

#58 Cartoon Corpse, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
  19. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

Anybody know of support for X**** (I have x1900xtx with asus a8n-sli-deluxe mboard) radeon (non HD) cards? I can't get the game to run. the online solutions (dll download) do not work (makes progress tho). some folks can get it to work (mboard/gpu combo i spose). figured someone here may have made it farther than me, with older hardware. I am so hesitant to 'upgrade' my first home built rig i guess.

Will old games be compatible with this new hardware? Are we supposed to forget them now?

Im having GILLION piles of fun playing Farcry (original) and Halflife (same)

#59 Cartoon Corpse, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  20. Davros

Legend

you could try 3d analyse to change the vendor id