Tunic [XO, PC]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by BRiT, Jul 23, 2020.

1. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

It's been shown during a few different events in the ID@XBox montages. Unfortunately there hasn't been any solid word on release date.

Here's the initial trailer and gameplay from early on:

AzBat and TheAlSpark like this.
  2. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

BRiT likes this.
  3. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Update on Tunic via an interview with the developer Andrew Shouldice & Ryan McAffrey @ IGN...

https://www.ign.com/articles/tunic-a-long-awaited-update-on-xboxs-adorable-zelda-like

At least it came with a new screenshot...

[​IMG]

Tommy McClain

4. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

New gameplay demo:

AzBat, DSoup, Shortbread and 3 others like this.
  5. zed

zed
    Legend Veteran

Like the knightlore-like artstyle but for some reason it looks very jerky (and Im not talking about after the attacks where theres a slight pause) just walking along it looks like its stuttering, frame timing issues looks like.
    Just looked the E3 2018 trailer doesnt have this. Should be an easy fix to solve, esp since it wasnt there before

6. Silent_Buddha

Legend

I love that the DoF completely disappears once you get into gameplay view. I was a bit worried when the game starts and there so much DoF as it starts zooming down to the play area.

The aesthetics combined with the music gives this a great atmosphere. Makes the exploration part feel so relaxing. Then for the boss fight instead of making you anxious or on edge with edgy or aggressive music, they just remove the music entirely allowing you concentrate on the fight itself with no other distracts. IMO, great choice. Boss fights in many cases is already stressful enough, I don't need music artificially making it even more stressful (one of the reasons I turn off music in most games).

Regards,
    SB