TSMC will begin shipping 0.11-micron wafers in Q1 of 2004

Given that ATI played it conservatively for the R300, do you really think that ATI is going to be aggressive in fab process now? I doubt it.

Even then, I doubt that "shipping" means that they'll be shipping any complex processors in Q1. I would expect that they won't be shipping anything complex until Q3 or so (depending on how quickly they ramp up the process).

Yes, I read that as well. Most of it is xbitlabs take on what ATI's CEO said.

90-nanometer production will begin in the second half of 2004

Looks like this may be the process for the R500.

Depends on when the R500 is set to hit the market.

I find it more likely that ATI is not planning on skipping .11 micron, and also will not be producing a high-end R4xx part on that process. Hence...

Chalnoth said:
Given that ATI played it conservatively for the R300, do you really think that ATI is going to be aggressive in fab process now? I doubt it.

Even then, I doubt that "shipping" means that they'll be shipping any complex processors in Q1. I would expect that they won't be shipping anything complex until Q3 or so (depending on how quickly they ramp up the process).

I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if the low end and mid range part are used to test the waters with the new process. I seem to recall that ATI is suppose to be releasing a new mobility part as well.

March-April next year should be very interesting.

Put it this way rwolf if ATI can compete with the NV40 with .15 micron tech ( without using like GeSi) then I'm gonna be very surprised.

Off topic but could be interesting does anyone know if asynchronous logic circuits would make a big difference on GPUs (especially ones that can dynamically allocate resources )? One of the server cpus use some ansynchronous part I think its the latest SPARC chips.

bloodbob said:
Put it this way rwolf if ATI can compete with the NV40 with .15 micron tech ( without using like GeSi) then I'm gonna be very surprised.
The R420's going to be .13 micron.

Back