Trouble with HD5850

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Hazuki Ryu, Jan 13, 2010.

1. karlotta

karlotta pifft
    Veteran

Both where powercolor?... They may have sent back the same card! always make a small mark so you can identify it...

2. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Uh...do those games have issues with 9.11 per chance?

3. Hazuki Ryu

Regular

Yes they do.

4. Hazuki Ryu

Regular

I've done that :) and they gave me a new one it was opened in front of me.

5. Broken Hope

Regular

I have similar but not as severe errors on Prince of Persia if I enable AA, either forced or through the launcher, with AA disabled it's fine. I'm guessing it's a driver bug.

6. Hazuki Ryu

Regular

Disabeling AA fixed it for me too thanks.

7. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

I have one game (prototype) where I can fix a texture problem simply by changing my AA mode in-game. It will come up borked - change it and it's fixed. Not off, just different setting.

8. jaredpace

Newcomer

flash the 5850 to the updated bios w/ displayport fix, or flash to an asus or msi bios, flash the p5nd to the newest bios, and get the latest chipset drivers. Isn't p5nd an nvidia 780i mobo?

Run some benches with cpu @ stock and compare to cpu @ OC. You can also try some tests at various pci-e bus widths & frequencies... like 4x, 8x, and steps between 103-113mhz

You have a clean OS install? Try removing older versions of drivers via safemode & cleaners, try the latest ati driver - jan13th 8.70 RC2 (10.2/10.3 betas) CCC, make sure your os has the most recent patches & updates via windows update.

Hope one of these suggestions works for you. Btw, 24fps crysis vs. 26fps in the Toms bench could be the i7 + x58 vs. the c2q + nvidia

9. Hazuki Ryu

Regular

It's a nv 750i, I flashed the HD5850 with an asus bios a while ago.

I'll try that, I've run the benches at stock speed in some games it's signifacntly worse others not really.

Yes it's a clean install.

It could be, in some cases it seems to be performing very well but others not so much framerate drops in assassin's creed are pretty weird, thank's for the suggestions.