Travel Laptop

Can't help you with the stealing part, people covet nice things.
I believe there would be 0 difference between a $500 and a $2000 laptop WRT stealing, even the $500 is worth a years wages.
I still may get an apple, brought a nexus 4 phone a couple of days ago, except for the 'wireless' charging its a nice phone, bloody fast (10+ apps running at once, instant flipping between them, multitasking just like a PC) and android 4.2 rocks. IOS 6.1 is just stale compared to it.

WRT laptop Im now thinking
Levono ThinkPad X230, matte screen, may get a bit warm and loud though.
If anything I prefer an underpowered CPU/GPU

The x230 is an excellent choice; I have the prior x220 model with a Core i7 ULV processor and it's a great workhorse. 8Gb of ram, 256gb SSD drive, and a 1600x900 rez 13" screen is quite nice. A bit hard on my shite eyes, but nice.

Also gets great battery life.

Ive been using this HP laptop recently, cant stand the noise (even just browsing the web on dialup!), how was the x220's noise from the fans.
i7 seems a bit overkill, Ill be leaving the end of need week Ive decided & will be buying the laptop over there, so still got a couple of weeks to decide

I've yet to ever get the machine busy enough to spin the fans at an audible rate. The fan does move but it's dead quiet for all my workloads.

Which generally includes office tasks (Outlook, Project, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) listening to music watching YouTube / Netflix, and systems admin sort of stuff (multitude of scripting languages, varying Microsoft management consoles, RDP, telnet, SSH).

Back