Transistor (by SuperGiant Games, makers of Bastion) [PS4]

I really dig the artwork, but I don't think it looks that interesting as a game. Bastion was a lot of fun. This just looks too slow and unexciting.

E3 video (not taken off-screen).

The game looks great and I like the RPG/strategic mechanics but the HUD is bad in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dig the artwork, but I don't think it looks that interesting as a game. Bastion was a lot of fun. This just looks too slow and unexciting.

I think the gameplay will feel new. It will be a mix of realtime survival attacks + thought out tactics. We can tell only when they show some fights deeper into the game. The demo is from the begining of the game. Going by that, I am guessing the gameplay will get tough and complicated real fast.

As for the art, yes, thats too cool not to get on your Monitor/TV :cool:

Looks beautiful, I love games with lots of glowy colors and transparencies and stuff like that. Hope they release it for macs too like they did with bastion.

http://gamingbolt.com/transistor-interview-1080p-and-60-fps-no-xbox-one-version-ps4-and-pc-differences-and-more

A new interview. They are going for 1080p/60fps. All that beautiful 2D art will look fantastic at 1080p :p !
We consider Transistor an action RPG, with a deeply integrated strategic planning mode that’s core to the moment-to-moment play. We were interested in developing a deep and open-ended combat system for this game that created a lot of opportunities for expressive play and for dramatic tension. So, by giving players the ability to stop the world around them at almost any time and plan their next set of moves, we found that players became more invested in the outcomes of their tactical decisions, and enjoyed some of the surprises there as well

That's looking really pretty and I like the tactical overview option. I've just put that on my interest list!!

The start of this generation is lining up to be quite expensive for me!! I've got nearly £1000 pounds of pre-order PS4 kit lined up already :LOL:

That's looking really pretty and I like the tactical overview option. I've just put that on my interest list!!

The start of this generation is lining up to be quite expensive for me!! I've got nearly £1000 pounds of pre-order PS4 kit lined up already :LOL:

I am already feeling broke due to a sudden rush of superb and awesome games at the end of current gen. Still have to buy Beyond and have splurged th emoney on BF4 pre order. the beta feels so good.

Damn, my whole next gen money budget has gone haywire thanks to Bio Infinite, LOU, GTAV, BF4, Diablo 3 and Beyond :cry: ! Why so many good games at the fag end :cry: ! (Also add a alot of great indie games that emptied my pockets )

Just spent around 2 hours inthsi game and boy am I blown away !!! Fantastic music and super duper fun battles ! Man, each battle is more fun than all of Dragon Age Inquisition I have played !
What a Fab game ! Play it if you haven't, its free on plus right now

Based on a couple of hours of gameplay it is a very linear and often sparse game but one with a beautiful and distinct art style that makes up for the lack of choice and overall emptiness of its level design. The battle system is deeper than that of say, "Child Of Light" though less predictable and perhaps harder to control due to the mix of realtime and turn based strategy and not always accurate line of sight behaviour (just cause something highlights does not mean it is actually targetable). While I wish that looking around levels was more rewarding (also no map!) I'm liking it overall so far. Writing seems solid (within its mythos) and it's a fresh taste for sure.

Anyone noticed excessive network activity playing this on the PS4? It could be coincidence but so far each time I have played this game I have noticed tons of network traffic that seems to die off shortly after exiting the game.

I love the fact that any new ability can either be a new weapon or an upgrade for another ! How cool ! The combos must feel awesome later on, am I right?

Back