Torment: Tides of Numenera

Kyyla

Veteran
Everyone should know Torment, right? So they kickstarted a new one. I've played 11 hours and I'm liking it so far. Feels very Torment-like with a weird world and TONS of text to read. Most of it is well written. So far I haven't even gotten away from the first hub area because there is SO MUCH TO READ! I have been in just one fight because it seems like you can talk your way out of most of them.

I kickstarted it back in the day and I like it. The universe is interesting and I don't feel like it's a chore reading.

The only problem I have is that theres a bug if you are in a long continuous dialogue with an NPC. It starts to chug and if you don't leave the conversation, the you end up in a state where you can't proceed. It seems to be a 1440p bug or something, so I am waiting for a patch before playing any more.

Yeah I have that bug as well. Doesn't occur too often. You can leave a conversation and just start a new one immediately to fix it.

Overall I'm enjoying this game very much! I just left the first hub and it seems like the game only gets better with all the exposition out of the way.

Yeah I have that bug as well. Doesn't occur too often. You can leave a conversation and just start a new one immediately to fix it.

Overall I'm enjoying this game very much! I just left the first hub and it seems like the game only gets better with all the exposition out of the way.
Yes, I know leaving a convo will fix it but I get so engrossed I forget all the time. :(

I completed the game and feel awed. This is the second game in I don't know how many years to leave me deep in my thoughts after it's done. That's all I can say. (The other was The Talos principle)

I think this universe is very interesting and I like the game a lot. I think the rpg codex people are being irrational and the game doesn't deserve all the condemnation and boycotting.

I haven't paid much attention to the drama. Apparently a lot of kickstarter backers feel cheated. Whatever, I don't kickstart games. I just buy them. I don't know what was left out but it is a game with a fantastic story to tell. There aren't too many of those.

I haven't paid much attention to the drama. Apparently a lot of kickstarter backers feel cheated. Whatever, I don't kickstart games. I just buy them. I don't know what was left out but it is a game with a fantastic story to tell. There aren't too many of those.
I kickstarted it and while I can see their point to some degree, I also understand Inxile. For instance, why put in crafting? It wouldn't serve a purpose imho because you can't make new cyphers right?

Back