Toms hardware sold?

Well it isn't after all anyway :)

t seems some unsavoury German tech journalist decided to spread the rumour at Computex, and we are looking into taking action against the offending person's company, which is a large media company with which we cut off relations in Europe on some collaborative projects. It is a mystery why they would do this, but I believe everyone in tech journalism is a little insane right now with the lack of substantive news coming out of Taipei

Sxotty said:
Well it isn't after all anyway :)

t seems some unsavoury German tech journalist decided to spread the rumour at Computex, and we are looking into taking action against the offending person's company, which is a large media company with which we cut off relations in Europe on some collaborative projects. It is a mystery why they would do this, but I believe everyone in tech journalism is a little insane right now with the lack of substantive news coming out of Taipei

Sometimes I wonder at the difference between places like Tom's and peoples' blogs

Dutch Guy said:
Sxotty said:
... we shall see, then you can really call him a sell-out eh...
If I would have a website and someone wants to buy it for $8,000,000 I think I would take it as well :LOL:

When you buy a Web site it is not only the site which you buy.. the most important the thing... the NAME and also the office , the number of people "clicking" per day for publicity, all computers equipements, etc. I do not know if Tom' S is worth 8 million but i would not be surprised.
These days anything can reach 1 million easily.

RainZ

Oh man, when I found out on average how much "the Big3" make on a daily basis I sort of freaked....and that was over a year ago! :eek:

The big sites make big bucks, but they're pretty much the only ones....it kind of makes me understand why they put up some of the BS they do knowing how much they make and I can see why they want to keep their sponsors happy.

mono said:
Who are the "Big 3"?
HardOCP("[H]" or "Hard"), Tom's Hardware Guide("THG" or "Tom's"), and Anand Tech("AT" or "Ananananananananda Tech").

I'm not sure in which order they'd fall in ranking; I'm guessing [H], THG, Anananananananand's.

digitalwanderer said:
Who's "IIRC", and wouldn't that make it "the big four"?!? :?

;)

I'm at a loss here, again. Does that mean, HardOCP, Tom's Hardware Guide, Anandtech and IIRC suck? I thought that at least HardOCP "got credit from gamers because they were reliable". Or am I wrong?

MuD said:
digitalwanderer said:

;)

I'm at a loss here, again. Does that mean, HardOCP, Tom's Hardware Guide, Anandtech and IIRC suck? I thought that at least HardOCP "got credit from gamers because they were reliable". Or am I wrong?

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly. Digitalwanderer is just trying to confuse you with his uber-geekiness super-powers.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
MuD said:
digitalwanderer said:

;)

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly. Digitalwanderer is just trying to confuse you with his uber-geekiness super-powers.

That bastard! ;) I learn something new every day.

So, what's up with the 3, did I miss something?

Actually you're right and Hard has been pretty good lately, if you're looking for people to trash talk other sites though I wouldn't look for it here...go over to EB and start it up in the "No Holds Barred" section if'n you want the juicey stories. :devilish:

digitalwanderer said:
Actually you're right and Hard has been pretty good lately, if you're looking for people to trash talk other sites though I wouldn't look for it here...go over to EB and start it up in the "No Holds Barred" section if'n you want the juicey stories. :devilish:

Thanks for the tip, fellow bastard. ;) :p :devilish:

Actually, you can in fact make money even doing a medium level hardware site. And I mean live rather comfortably. It shocked me to find out what a site I won't mention makes a month

ben6 said:
Actually, you can in fact make money even doing a medium level hardware site. And I mean live rather comfortably. It
shocked me to find out what a site I won't mention makes a month

Understood you can not mention the site, but could you give us an idea on the $$$$ it makes per month?

Back