To all the steam fans a question about mods

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Sxotty, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Sxotty

Veteran

So if I download doom2 from steam can I use the thousands of mods for it or do you lose that ability when you buy a game from steam since it is all weird?

I was thinking to give steam a try and some older games, but then I realized that it might be completely useless and I should not be surprised if it were so.

2. D3v0ur3r

Regular

I've never had a problem modding a game from Steam if mods were out for it. But I also never tried a game as old as Doom 2. Usually these games are just the full game with Steam launching the executable so all you have to do is find the proper folder & put the mod files in if they do not have an installer.

Good luck.

3. Sxotty

Veteran

D3 thanks man. I downloaded the id super pack or whatever it is called. I will try messing about with the old doom stuff now. I need to find out what is around though. I remember something called jdoom, but that is about it.