TitanFall: The COD of Mecha games, with Bonus AI !

Just got invited into the Beta. its a whopping 12.4 GB download.

Anyone else in there, do share your experiences. How does it compare to Hawken and generally if the AI in MP works or not.

Disclaimer: You need Origin for this as its an EA game.

Download done, I am surprised ! Origin downloaded at speeds higher than what my ISP has limited me to :LOL: ! installing now, will play in the evening.

Played it, surprisingly, it felt nothing special :???: ! Its the standard fare. I dunno, I found it underwhelming. anyone else, tried it?

And frankly all the wall running and jumping is pretty much useless too. one doesn't do any of that when one's facing off infantry. It is useful only when u r on foot and want to take down a Titan, the chances of whicha re anyways near zero, unless u can land on its top. The only way to play is to get into ur titan, once u r in your Titan, u cannot jump, or wall run or anything at all. It just becomes a plain shooter once u get ur mech, and getting into ur Mech is what the game is about. You can't face off againsta Titan as infntry at all.

And when you ARE on foot, 99% of the time what u r shooting is BOTs, and no one needs to dodge a bot, they are one hit kill :-/ . So.......in the end u just play it as just another shooter.

The feeling of the Mech isn't unique at all. They just feel like bigger soldiers, as agile and , well.....the same.

Played a few matches. It is fast paced and fun. The movement is similar to UT which is not bad at all. I suck at using titans though. My only gripe is that the game is locked at 60 fps and only gets to 120 if you enable vsync. I never play with vsync as it restricts my mouse handling :|

Posted this in the console thread, but it belongs here:

played more, the best mode is Last Titan standing, as thats what the game has going, Titan vs Titan. Everything else is just the same. Its pointed at the COD lovers who want to feel awesome while doing stuff, anything. I guess they will love it. Whether what they are doing has any impact on the match or not is debatable, but the game is made to have "Oooooh yeah!" moments, it does that, but only till you realise it doesn't matter much and the fact that everytihng is so easy to do that it gets old too soon.

They have a killer product for the COD players, new players, new kids joining gaming. They will go gaga, and are already doing so, over hopping on to Titans, Wall Running, and killing so much(they are all bots, ppl are all in Titans, but see how I jump kicked it that fella!!)

Us Jaded old timers who have been playing since forever will find it hard to find any satisfaction in it. Thats waht I feel from playing since yesterday. Its too basic, too same-ish. The mechs also feel the same as foot soldiers, just bigger.

Bring TitanFall 2, make Titans real mechs and not just Big soldiers but something that has a feel of a mech , make it completely PvP, let hell break lose ! Don't worry about instant gratification, make hardwork count and I will be in with my guns and money ! This is too "casualised", for the lack of a better word.

Posted this in the console thread, but it belongs here:

played more, the best mode is Last Titan standing, as thats what the game has going, Titan vs Titan. Everything else is just the same. Its pointed at the COD lovers who want to feel awesome while doing stuff, anything. I guess they will love it. Whether what they are doing has any impact on the match or not is debatable, but the game is made to have "Oooooh yeah!" moments, it does that, but only till you realise it doesn't matter much and the fact that everytihng is so easy to do that it gets old too soon.

They have a killer product for the COD players, new players, new kids joining gaming. They will go gaga, and are already doing so, over hopping on to Titans, Wall Running, and killing so much(they are all bots, ppl are all in Titans, but see how I jump kicked it that fella!!)

Us Jaded old timers who have been playing since forever will find it hard to find any satisfaction in it. Thats waht I feel from playing since yesterday. Its too basic, too same-ish. The mechs also feel the same as foot soldiers, just bigger.

Bring TitanFall 2, make Titans real mechs and not just Big soldiers but something that has a feel of a mech , make it completely PvP, let hell break lose ! Don't worry about instant gratification, make hardwork count and I will be in with my guns and money ! This is too "casualised", for the lack of a better word.
I haven't played the beta nor I have it but that's what I heard/read to, that the Last Titan Standing is the most fun mode of the game. It is a comment that comes up quite often regarding the game.

As you say, CoD players and new gamers could find it appealing, but I am not even playing games like CoD or BF4 despite having them and I don't see myself playing it.

Respawn are very talented people and they will succeed be it in Titanfall, a second Titanfall game or any of their future endeavours.

Try it out if u can, EA is sending codes to anyone and everyone who asks. Its very simplified, very accessible. You might just like it a lot. A lot of ppl I know are drooling over it and playing the beta day n night. It isn't bad in any way, but it isn't phenomenal either. Its a COD-killer in the making ! Don't let my tastes dictate the purchase :) ! Try it out.

You can't face off againsta Titan as infntry at all.

Sure you can, each infantry unit has a Mech Weapon, if you hide out you can take a mech down in 4 shots. 2 of the infantry trypes have heat-seekers which can lock on from half-way across the map, the other infantry type has a crazy rocket-machine-gun which just shreds the mechs.

There's a ton of depth to the infantry units, but it takes a while until it all becomes second nature.

Sure you can, each infantry unit has a Mech Weapon, if you hide out you can take a mech down in 4 shots. 2 of the infantry trypes have heat-seekers which can lock on from half-way across the map, the other infantry type has a crazy rocket-machine-gun which just shreds the mechs.

There's a ton of depth to the infantry units, but it takes a while until it all becomes second nature.

To me , the titans are week as hell . When i'm on foot i'm a beast though.

If you're on foot, arc grenade a titan and then use your anti-titan weapon. Easiest from high ground so you can back up and they won't have an angle to shoot you.

Titans are not particularly weak though. They just have a learning curve and require some tactical thinking. I generally do a lot of damage when I'm in a titan.

Played one match. Can't say I care for multiplayer.

Would rather have a single player ala Shogo...

Btw, seems pretty daft not being able to switch resolution after joining a lobby (gotta quit). Also... why the hell do I need to connect to a server to go through the tutorial.

Ya, I love to throw my titan in follow mode and go on foot. Fighting an enemy titan is way easier when it's 2 on 1 :p

Can be a good strategy if you use the arc grenade to take out the opposing titans shields. Not a bad choice for 1 vs 1. A piloted titan takes down a titan on autopilot very easily though. Depending on numbers, getting out of your titan can be a bad choice. Always good to have one guy in foot in Titan skirmishes throwing arc grenades. Just make sure you don't hit your own team.

Does the beta server still run?

I was out of town when they roll out the beta. But I think the my pc on home has downloaded the client

Back