TitanFall 1 Graphics Quality Analysis *spawn*

titanfall does not have streaming except on x360. i think that affect lots of the performance problem and graphic quality. they need to load the whole assets.

Doesn't the 360 version have a 30fps cap option and the XB1 does not? If true the 360 will have no tearing while the XB1 tears all the time do to rarely reaching 60fps. I only have the PC version, but I would say nothing about the game looks "next gen". It looks like a PS360 era game running at a higher res. It is a modified Source engine game and the Source engine is very antiquated. I'd like to see TF2 with a new, modern engine.
It's improved, not sure about the term rarely. It definitely holds 60, it hovers between 40-60, I guess 40 when things are hairy.
As a launch title this isn't so bad, but frame rate is a CPU issue, not so much a GPU issue. Not sure if they'll bother with a DX12 variant of this game, but that would help things out for them.

It definitely holds 60, it hovers between 40-60, I guess 40 when things are hairy.

Wha..? If it is not 60, then it is tearing. I've seen the DF videos, the fps is all over the place and tearing like mad. If they addd the 30 cap option then they could make it a very stable 30fps game. Apparently it was good enough for the 360 port, but never made it into the XB1 version.

All those little red lines are screen tears.

Wha..? If it is not 60, then it is tearing. I've seen the DF videos, the fps is all over the place and tearing like mad. If they addd the 30 cap option then they could make it a very stable 30fps game. Apparently it was good enough for the 360 port, but never made it into the XB1 version.

All those little red lines are screen tears.

lol yea a lot of tears. Pun intended haha.

It used to be _much_ worse. The tears were completely across the screen, extremely noticeable.

Yea, but they don't need to be dead center around the aiming cursor. I'll have to try it again, but it used to be right in your aiming arc. It's definitely away from that area since then.

edit: I'll try it, I have no way to screen capture though, but I'll look around for tears specifically.

Back