Tiny RV620 and G98 die sizes leak out

B3D News

Beyond3D News
Regular
Expreview has got their hands on die shots from NVIDIA and AMD's upcoming low-end chips, and while that isn't particularly interesting in itself, they managed to break tradition and leak the chips' dimensions at the same time.

Read the full news item

I REALLY like the new format guys... of course I am pretty bad at using bullets, numbers, and dashes for outlining my ideas, so of course I like it :p Nice write up.

No thanks, that's why I asked. Without doing much more work, I figure at least an extra 100 chips for the main biggest square within the wafer. I don't feel like doing the chips that fit in the sides.

I'm suprised the die-size of G94 hasn't leaked yet. ;)

Let me guess.
I will be called the "Geforce 8600 GT/8600 GTS", but comes with a weird 192 bit bus and greater amount of scalar processors than it's predecessor, the G84/8600 GT/8600 GTS (the old ones... :D). ;)
Will they dare call them "8700 GT/8700 GTS", since it's already in existence in the mobile space ?

Tsk tsk, you tease! But what happened to G96? :|

It's still around too. ;)

Let me guess.
I will be called the "Geforce 8600 GT/8600 GTS", but comes with a weird 192 bit bus and greater amount of scalar processors than it's predecessor, the G84/8600 GT/8600 GTS (the old ones... :D). ;)
Will they dare call them "8700 GT/8700 GTS", since it's already in existence in the mobile space ?

:p

There might indeed be some weird configurations. Looking forward to the final names too. :D

Back