Thoughts on the new board...

Uhm, I don't have any sort of utilities showing up for me when replying to a post. No buttons to insert tags, links or anything. A bit annoying, I often typed the tags manually, but it sure was nice to have the option. Is that only me? I'm on the latest Mozilla build BTW...

edit: DOH! Sorry, just found the switch in the options panel! :rolleyes:

BTW, are img tags in the sig now banned? I'd like to see my Folding@Beyond3D thingy again... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
My wish for the new forum:
1. search query with 3-character words
2. nested quote

jb said:
Me 2 but I assume Dave and the others are busy with the conversion still....
I'm "connected" again now, so it shouldn't be long before everyone is back in the thick of it. It kind of sneaks up on you though, so just look out for edit buttons everywhere and a little menu that says thread tools!

Vysez said:
The new colors don't annoy me, but if dave want to change them back to the phpBB theme, here's a Color Index I made:
:

A = #ffffff (RGB=255)
B = Gradient between (Up to Down) #056b9e (R:5 G:107 B:15
icon_cool.gif
and #2785b4 (R:39 G:133 B:180)
C = #efefef (RGB:239)
D = #e5e5e5 (RGB:229)
E = Gradient between (Up to Down) #c8d1d7 (R:200 G:209 B:215) and #e0e5e9 (R:224 G:239 B:233)

If it can help.
That would be icing on the cake. hmm, cake ..

:LOL:

I just hovered me mouse over that little grey box under my username and got the following:

digitalwanderer is an unknown quantity at this point
This board software already knows me too well!!!! :?

1) Finally a way of disabling images embedded within threads. Thank you.

2) It doesn't seem to work perfectly, as there are a number of emoticons that are coming up as links.

The new board is cluttering up my history with links to specific threads.

Used to, I could type "beyond3d" in my address bar and the forums would be the link that was at the top of the list in IE.

Now, it seems to remember all sorts of other links, so the one that is associated with the forums is like 10 down. Mostus irrutatus.

The only thing I don't like so far is that you can't see how many pages a thread is.You end up with:

(1, 2, 3... last page)

I like to see how many pages a thead is at, to see if there is any new activity. I also like to starting at the top of the page, not the bottom. I can start at the top if I can click the page #. Thats really the only thing bugging me. Maybe the number of pages shown could be increased to something like this?

(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.... 19, 20)

Or something closer to what it was before?

What a bunch of whiny crybabies! You'd think you were born on the other version, and your grandfather 'afore ye.

Well, okay, my first reaction was that being in the Orkneys on a strange computer had really done something quite odd to the way B3D looked.

But I like it better. It looks a little more modern, and I assume that it came with some functionality upgrades that staff found desirable --and given the nature of the site, if it saves staff some heartburn, then goodoh so far as I'm concerned.

Back