This is the reason why you keep young kids off youtube.

Why is it that every time I visit ED my brain feels sullied? Oh, can it be because ED is created and maintained by a bunch of fricken psychos? Yup, that's pretty much it! Calling a 11yo girl a whore is pretty un-classy by any standards, but pretty much par for ED and the like.

Not gonna bother watching the video, I have better ways to waste my time. :p

The people who make and contribute to ED are way more pathetic than any of guys/girls they pick on.

SB: Adblock is your friend.

My son was talking about this with his friends and god damn are there some awful as people out there. LOL. I can't help but find it funny.

The consequences will never be the same !!

Yea right...it baffles me when people put up such a fine example of bad parenting in public. :/

whats the story?
Is it just me, but this is very uninteresting its like a null event.
Sometimes I think theres no hope for humanity, I go to youtube and see the most watched vids are "old spice guy" or some baby laughing or some retarded shit

What's wrong with babies laughing? Joy is a tremendous motivator in people. Seeing a baby laughing or a kitten being tickled in a youtube vid could brighten a person's whole day.

This 11yo youtube drama queen (and all the people nerdraging over her on forums and whatnot) is a non-event however, that I do agree with.

What's wrong with babies laughing? Joy is a tremendous motivator in people. Seeing a baby laughing or a kitten being tickled in a youtube vid could brighten a person's whole day.
well I'm not too fond of kids (not being a dad cause never seeing the logic in it etc) but ignoring that.
look I hear what youre saying Grall, but if you want to see a baby laughing surely you could see lots of examples in reality? and god knows, reality is a much better experience than looking at a video onscreen. (ok maybe its not the best idea if you want to see kids laughing to hang around playgrounds in a trenchcoat but u know what I mean)
Now when I look at media, I want to be taken to places/see events which I cant see around me.
What do I look at on youtube?
true lots of crap, but mostly out of print crap horror films i.e. stuff I cant see elsewhere

*yawn*

bonus edit:
pedo-bear-seal-of-approval.thumbnail.png

The reason why my 11-year old daughter isn't allowed to have a Facebook, myspace or any other stupid social networking account, let alone a web cam and full access to do whatever she wants with it.

The reason why my 11-year old daughter isn't allowed to have a Facebook, myspace or any other stupid social networking account, let alone a web cam and full access to do whatever she wants with it.

Makes sense. Eventually though I think it comes down to teaching your kid not to walk into a dark alley or get into the car with strangers. There's equivalents of that online, and simply not allowing her access at home means she could do the same stupid thing when over at a friend, in the toilets at school, in a school play, talent scouting or whatever. You have to be aware of the risks first though, and its understandable that this is a difficult thing in modern times ...

I was teased in school at around this age (10-11), pretty severely. I did some weird stuff, partly also because of my parents teaching me to be strong, believe in myself, and do my own thing, partly because there was trouble at home (worked out pretty well in the end, you just have to learn to balance things out a little). What happened here is not that different from teasing - teasing is lousy, but it has to be enabled from both sides. In this case while teasing can have a bigger audience, there are some advantages here in that at least you can see what has happened and reflect on it after, see what you did wrong, see what others did wrong. I think that could really be a lot less damaging than some more traditional forms of teasing that can hide itself from view of those who should do something about it much more thoroughly.

Makes sense. Eventually though I think it comes down to teaching your kid not to walk into a dark alley or get into the car with strangers. There's equivalents of that online, and simply not allowing her access at home means she could do the same stupid thing when over at a friend, in the toilets at school, in a school play, talent scouting or whatever. You have to be aware of the risks first though, and its understandable that this is a difficult thing in modern times ...

Yeah but you can teach your kids all you want, however at this age she is really susceptible to her peers and older kids. She's already been caught stealing cigarettes from her uncle and trying them out with her friends. At 10 ffs :cry:

Yeah but you can teach your kids all you want, however at this age she is really susceptible to her peers and older kids. She's already been caught stealing cigarettes from her uncle and trying them out with her friends. At 10 ffs :cry:

so disconnect the computer and ground her.

Well, my point exactly.

Some parenting gone wrong there then I think.

That's a bit rough. This is when I bow out of these types of discussions as soon as someone sticks their nose in and makes a sweeping remark that everything that could possibly go even slightly wrong with a kid must be the fault of the parent. Because there are no other factors in a kids development...

Back