The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Satellite technology has advanced leaps and bounds to be able to photograph non-existent geography. Perhaps it is a North Korean satellite. Their imagery frequently exhibits a propensity for fictitious imagery bias.
hahahah, good one.

Last edited:
I stumbled upon something on the internet which made me think I've progressed further than I thought into the game. Can anyone tell me how much of the game I have left without any spoilers?

I have just defeated
Imlerith on the bald mountain.

I am only level 28 (but within what the game recommends) and have been trying to mix up doing a bit of side-quests and main-quests. From what I gather, I am already nearing the end?! I hope not, but if it is true, I suppose I should focus on side-quests now before progressing further with the main quests. Don't want to end this, this quickly....?

you are far, but there is few big missions divided by multiple sub missions. it's not a bad time to finish those side quests though. I'd say maybe 10-15h of main quest left...

I am only level 28 (but within what the game recommends) and have been trying to mix up doing a bit of side-quests and main-quests. From what I gather, I am already nearing the end?! I hope not, but if it is true, I suppose I should focus on side-quests now before progressing further with the main quests. Don't want to end this, this quickly....?
I admire your stamina. At this point I was very much in the "when will this end?" frame of mind but I played nothing but the Witcher for almost two months. I think I burned out on side quests which impacted my fun completing the main quest line. Don't forget this is DLC out already and more DLC incoming. Plus so many side quests.

Even after the main quest line in the main game, there is so much more to do. :yep2: I've casually re-started it on New Game Plus mode so I'm not agonising about equipment or money.

I think the problem is that I've been playing more main-quests than actual side quests. And I practically needed to force myself to do any raiding of bandit camps etc. Since I do mostly 'fast traveling', I haven't been big on the exploring aspect of the game either. This, I think, has led to the situation that I have progressed rather far into the main quest, but have loads of side quests waiting.

Strangely, the game recommends my level (28) for the main-quest, so I really felt I am still within the first half of the game (playing lots of FF games made me think that you'd be around level 60+ once you get to the later stages of the game).

Anyway, another bad habit that has formed is that I usually pick up all the contracts (on the pin walls) and just hit the read button on every single letter/book/you-name-it I can find in my inventory so that I can just sell it. This has practically added lots of [side quests] that I haven't bothered doing as of yet... Soooooo, long story short, I guess I have a bit of catching up to do then.

So, the DLC - is it tied in any meaningful way to the main-quest-plot or storyline or are there just more side-quests? I suppose I will tackle this once I complete the game.

BTW; On the Witcher 3, I have to say I really like the game a lot, but yes, the gameplay is a bit too monotone. It's practically *listening* -> *walking* -> *slashing* and *repeat*. Yes, there's gwent (which i am not feeling) and the occasional brawling etc, but I really wish the game sometimes offered some really challenging riddles to solve. I like the exploring element, but it's just all a bit too easy and simple. It would have been great to have some quests where you would actually have to use your brains in order to solve than to simply follow wherever the witcher senses lead you too. To me, the game at times feels a bit like an interactive cutscene with too little variation or puzzling.

Despite this rant though, it's an incredibly detailed game, one that is so easy to get lost into. Sometimes, it's all just a bit too much detail to absorb.

I can't stick to main quests in any open world game. I love to explore and I'm easily distracted. Some more diversity would be good, though. I also am not a fan of Gwent.
Same here, just cannot do main quest if there is a side quest around. But this can also lead to not finishing the games.

I am still not done with the dlc simply cos I keep wandring off.....the frustration that Witcher 3 brings is that I get so levelled up that main quests offer no resistance and no experience either :(

So, the DLC - is it tied in any meaningful way to the main-quest-plot or storyline or are there just more side-quests? I suppose I will tackle this once I complete the game.

Yes it is. You learn much much more about a character you meet early in the main game. IMO the DLC is better than the main game ( the boss battles are much more challenging and have more overall diversity for instance). So I can't wait for Blood and Wine.

As far as Gwent goes, I didn't get into it to about slightly less than midway through the game but people were telling me it was worth it because of the rewards and story benefits so I forced myself to understand it and I wound up loving it and wishing for a multiplayer option. I think they added this in a patch but just to get a hang of the game set the gwent difficulty slider to low if you haven't collected cards during your play through because the strength of your deck is critical for the higher end opponents and tournaments. It will help you get a feel for the flow of a game. Northern Realms is always the best starter deck since you wont have many cards from the other factions early.

I thought the first boss of the dlc was typical Witcher III rubbish to be honest: big-ass hp-pinata that never flinches whilst easily killing you in 2 or 3 hits (at least on hard). Get ready to use tried-and-true, dull-as-fuck hit-and-run tactics, or just abuse Quen.

I'm still somwhat baffled by how little shit this game got for its combat mechanics.

I don't agree. Hit and Roll is more for players that can't time dodges, parries, blocks, understand mob enrage mechanics, adrenaline use and how iFrames work. Only times I had to roll away from enemies is if they do telegraphed AoE attacks or I get sloppy. My major complaint about the combat is that Sign builds aren't fun because of how overpowered they get... especially Igni with burning mechanics.

I agree that the first boss of HoS was a bit bullshit with a melee build on death march just because he is really resistant to physical attacks and he jumps away frequently.

I'm not far into the expansion, so it's the only boss I've fought so far. But aren't all of the oversized bosses kinda like that? I'm not talking about the smaller ones. There's also a general weightlessness to the combat which I'm really not digging at all. Feels like you're flinging wet cats at your enemies for most of the time. As for signs: I think that's another big gripe I have with the mechanics. It's not so much the overpowered nature, but the fact that they just don't change an awful lot over the course of this massive game. You also get all of them right from the get-go. I know this makes sense from a lore perspective, but it's not a lot of fun as a role playing mechanic. I'm also very spoiled by Bloodborne I guess.

I can't parry and stuff, I know, but then I don't need to either. The combat has a lot of elements, but I am always so overpowered from all the side missions that I never really have to think. And then there's the Quen cheat shield to get health back even if u do mess up. The combat lost all sense of tension once I unlocked that. It should be removed from the game to feel vulnerable again. Even the books don't have any thing like that.

Just finished the dlc ! Woah ! Finally two good boss fights :) which actually required me to think ! And love that whole new look in that particular mission about retrieving the rose ....my heart swelled and sang a song when I went inside the "you know what world" , won't spoil it for those who haven't played it !

And I think I got the best ending cos I defeated him. Funny that just running through the final level was actually the solution. I just saw the house in the distance and ran cos there was a timer [emoji14] and turned out it was the right thing to do ...lol !

Overall very happy with the dlc, the heist was a total disappointment , other than that everything was Witcher 3 quality and bosses were better than the main game !

I am ready for more !

Oh and fi ally got two really good swords ! Don't like the Ofieri Armour at all but since it has the highest stats , don't have a choice. Oh, I missed out on the viper school armour from the lady as I didn't have the coin :( ! Is there any way to get it once the game is beaten ?
Really wishing the next dlc brings the coolest armour.

Just finished the dlc ! Woah ! Finally two good boss fights :) which actually required me to think ! And love that whole new look in that particular mission about retrieving the rose ....my heart swelled and sang a song when I went inside the "you know what world" , won't spoil it for those who haven't played it !

And I think I got the best ending cos I defeated him. Funny that just running through the final level was actually the solution. I just saw the house in the distance and ran cos there was a timer [emoji14] and turned out it was the right thing to do ...lol !

Overall very happy with the dlc, the heist was a total disappointment , other than that everything was Witcher 3 quality and bosses were better than the main game !

I am ready for more !

I found time to finish DLC and boy what a ride!
The rose mission was a blast and the finale ... I ran the timer down to few pixels :D!!

What a story and what a world! I was away from Witcher for few months and going back and visiting Skellige islands just to admire the views was something special. The landscapes this game brings on the screen are just jaw dropping!
Now I cannot wait for 2nd DLC because I want more :)

Yup, Going back into that world was great !
And I enjoyed the silliness Geralt had to go through too [emoji14] ! Captured a video of it :

Am also making a playthroughs of the missions of the dlc for that channel :) !

Back