The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by RenegadeRocks, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Jedi2016

Veteran

Translation? And those are PC screens. Any actual new information?

2. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

hmm i wonder how they sounds like in japanese.

Geraruto!

3. RenegadeRocks

Legend

But that ain't compression artifacts or loss of details, thats low res textures.

4. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

Witcher 3 has been DELAYED! Again. This time to May 19.

5. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

Knew it in my gut. If that means I'm getting a rpg that's not solely designed to waste as much of my time as possible with menial chores (I refuse to call 'em quests) - like Dragon Age Inquisition did - then it's all good.

6. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

The Eurogamer article on the delay.

Brave move but the right one.

7. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

I can wait! The game looks fantastic so far...let it cook a bit more and serve it hot!

Lightman likes this.
  8. ToTTenTranz

Can't say I'm terribly let down by this. CD Projekt seem like a decent studio that would release a decent game.

Well, at least I'll have time to finish DA: Inquisition until then.

The longest non-main quest I did in Inquisition so far was one where I had to "guide" a bull to its farm. The bull was far from the farm, walked slowly as hell and its path-finding abilities were horrible.
    I guess it's the Dragon Age equivalent of fighting cat-sized mice and crabs in the Elder Scrolls series.

The game really pumps you up after the first ~8 hours, though. It's totally worth it.

9. ArcticCircle

Newcomer

Yet another project where developers bite way more then they can chew. Please open world developers, scale down your project. And then cut it down by half and maybe you'll get game out in scheduled release date.

10. DSoup

DSoup meh

A walking steak has poor path-finding abilities? NO WAY!

11. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

I finished it yesterday. When I finished DA:O, I was sad it was over and immediately wanted to start anew. When I finished DA:I, I was relieved. I don't think I have ever played a game that felt quite as mercilessly focus-tested and soulless. Box-ticking - the video game would be an apt description. It's barely even a game. It's a neverending list of progression hooks. I didn't quite hate it, but it was definitely a massive disappointment. Far and away the biggest disappointment of the year.

It's why I'm worried for the new Witcher game. A massive open world is an enticing proposition until you realize it's just stuffed with throwaway junk.

12. ToTTenTranz

Perhaps I should be more specific.
    Path finding was so bad that the bull would stop for 10 seconds trying to find its way around a tree or a small rock in the floor.
    And there's nothing the player can do about that. The bull simply follows the player. If you're too near it, the bull stops. If you're too far, the bull stops.

Well I'm having pretty much the opposite opinion of yours. Story is great, interaction with/between characters seems better than ever, even facial expressions seem to be getting better for the later parts of the game. It doesn't seem like a checklist to me, at all.

13. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

Why? So you can satisfy some apparent unquenchable desire to play the game? Surely we can wait another few months for a better title without lopping off features or content.

shredenvain, NRP and DSoup like this.
  14. Kyyla

Veteran

Yeah pretty much sums up my feelings as ell.

15. ArcticCircle

Newcomer

It's rarely just few months. It's year(s) of crunch time with several delays. All because of too ambitious goals what can be done with certain workforce and budget. I don't really care about how long the development time is or how many bugs are in final product as long as game desing choices are solid, writing is good and workforce are not abused. And game doesn't go overbudged and company survives to make another game in the future (bugs definately are issue here, even if I don't personally mind 'em). Poor Troika, Looking Glass and Black Isle...

16. MfA

MfA
    Legend

I doubt Troika ever got the amount of pre-orders these guys got, they have a lot better grip on their finances I'm sure.

17. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

It's nice to see the difference in gamers' reactions in the years. I remember the absolute outrage when games were delayed on older platforms. Now, after seeing so many high profile games been released in an unfinished state, with obvious repercussions, we seem to be much more lenient with the odd delay here and there.

#278 London-boy, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  18. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

There was a trailer where media was shown the Xbox one version. Looks like they really nailed that frame rate down. I'm ready to wrap up DAI and then work down witcher 2 finally. Lol

19. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

have not finished DA;I but it does feel "soulless". As for Witcher, i played Witcher 1 but did not get hooked. Same with Witcher 2. For some reason the Story did not click with me. But on W3, for some reason i feel positive from watching the gameplay videos.