The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I know that but that doesn't mean they cannot retroactively add it šŸ˜
wish they added XeSS to both Metro Exodus and The Witcher 3 in the new patch. I am really used to play Metro Exodus with FSR 2 enabled using a great mod that acts as a wrapper transforming DLSS calls into their equivalent FSR 2 implementaton and sure it is an excellent reconstruction algorithm, but I've used XeSS quite extensively in a few games and the image quality is really good without the little quirks of FSR 2.

Last edited:
wish they added XeSS to both Metro Exodus and The Witcher 3 in the new patch. I am really used to play Metro Exodus with FSR 2 enabled using an excellent mod that acts as a wrapper transforming DLSS calls into their equivalent FSR 2 implementaton and sure it is an excellent reconstruction algorithm, but I've used XeSS quite extensively in a few games and the image quality is really good without the little quirks of FSR 2.
On PC it must be amazing to have a lot of solutions. It's good on console as well but they are mostly segmented to different developers outside of FSR which I am glad is making it's way into console games now for devs who don't have a temporal up sampling component to their engines.

Between this and unreal engine 5 by default having TSR for an upscaling solution, It's hard to believe there was a time where people looked at checkerboarding or insomniacs(still extremely impressive) temporal upscaling and mocked it for being "fake 4K"

Super excited for this, I've put off replaying the game since the update was announced. I hope it has a 40fps quality mode on console, but I seriously doubt it.

On PC it must be amazing to have a lot of solutions. It's good on console as well but they are mostly segmented to different developers outside of FSR which I am glad is making it's way into console games now for devs who don't have a temporal up sampling component to their engines.

Between this and unreal engine 5 by default having TSR for an upscaling solution, It's hard to believe there was a time where people looked at checkerboarding or insomniacs(still extremely impressive) temporal upscaling and mocked it for being "fake 4K"

Was playing the first Unreal again (1998), theres unofficial patches for new renderers, improvements, openAL audio support and if you want, mods and visual enhancements. Better than any remaster, short of a remake perhaps. With mods exceeding remakes.

Why would you want to rush?
It's the superior game.
do you mean like the superior game in the entire series? For whatever reason, I never got into it tbh.

The original The Witcher is still my favourite, for how special was at the time, although imho, TW3 is the better game, specially with the expansions. Blood and Wine in particular.

do you mean like the superior game in the entire series? For whatever reason, I never got into it tbh.

The original The Witcher is still my favourite, for how special was at the time, although imho, TW3 is the better game, specially with the expansions. Blood and Wine in particular.

Yes.
It strikes a balance between two extremes. It has more user-friendly control and combat than TW1, without being dumbed down into action hack&slash like TW3. I also preferred the story's focus on politics, instead of venturing off into goofy scifi like TW3, although personal tastes differ on such matters.
Blood and Wine is the equal of TW2, but not the rest of the game.

Witcher III lacks good materials and assets. In 2015/2016 we already had games like Ryse, SW Battlefront, Uncharted 4, The Order 1886, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Division, Quantum Break etc. Games from CD Projekt never looked particularly good before Cyberpunk 2077. The leap from Witcher III to Cyberpunk 2077 PC raytracing is one of the biggest I've seen from a developer in the last deacde.

Still I am cuious. Dying Light 2 looks rather mediocre without ray tracing but with ray tracing it turns into an repsctable title with high-end visuals.

Last edited:
On Black Friday I couldn't resist picking up Witcher 3 full edition for $12 or whatever it was. See? Even a dedicated GP guy like me occasionally buys a game after trying it on GP. :)

PS: I also bought Alan Wake and Shadow of the Tomb Raider for super cheap too. I think all the games together were about $30.

On Black Friday I couldn't resist picking up Witcher 3 full edition for $12 or whatever it was. See? Even a dedicated GP guy like me occasionally buys a game after trying it on GP. :)

PS: I also bought Alan Wake and Shadow of the Tomb Raider for super cheap too. I think all the games together were about $30.
I hope you also got American Nightmare, since that's the actual conclusion to Alan Wake.

Did they say anything about current PS4 saves? Will they transfer over?

Maybe with the typical PlayStation Saves song and dance?

Install old PS4 version that's patched for save export, load up PS4 version, select menu item to export save(s), exit game, install new PS5 version, load up PS5 version, select menu item to import saves.

Yes.
It strikes a balance between two extremes. It has more user-friendly control and combat than TW1, without being dumbed down into action hack&slash like TW3. I also preferred the story's focus on politics, instead of venturing off into goofy scifi like TW3, although personal tastes differ on such matters.
Blood and Wine is the equal of TW2, but not the rest of the game.
What?
No...
TW2s combat was one of the worst I've seen that generation.
I struggled on with that intention lacking, unresponsive mess, only because I liked the story.
And that might say a lot about the story, but otherwise, no.
I'd go as far as to say, the original had better combat for what it was.
Heck, even TW3 had lackluster combat.
It just wasn't the embarrassment that TW2 was.
:p

Back