The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I may have trust issues, but it almost feels like there must be an ulterior motive.

They're still a business, they still incur the costs for updating a game that is many, many years old, and which they know would bring them more revenue. And knowing full well that the vast majority of other devs do the exact opposite and always try to nickel and dime at every opportunity.

They can't be that 'nice'. Can they? What's the catch?

Trust issues, see?

They are that nice. :) It's been like this since their first game (The Witcher) where they released a technology and graphics update for the game in an enhanced version. If you owned the game, you got the update for free. They did it again with The Witcher 2. And now they are doing the same with The Witcher 3. Honestly I wasn't expecting a technology and graphics update for TW3, but I'm very happy that they are doing it again...and for free for existing owners...just like the previous games in the series.

Regards,
SB

They are that nice. :) It's been like this since their first game (The Witcher) where they released a technology and graphics update for the game in an enhanced version. If you owned the game, you got the update for free. They did it again with The Witcher 2. And now they are doing the same with The Witcher 3. Honestly I wasn't expecting a technology and graphics update for TW3, but I'm very happy that they are doing it again...and for free for existing owners...just like the previous games in the series.

Perhaps REDengine4 (Cyberpunk) isn't a massive departure from REDengine3 (W3) or heavily compatible with the earlier tech and what we're seeing is a by-product of the Cyberpunk 2077 nextgen optimisation work.

Perhaps REDengine4 (Cyberpunk) isn't a massive departure from REDengine3 (W3) or heavily compatible with the earlier tech and what we're seeing is a by-product of the Cyberpunk 2077 nextgen optimisation work.

It's interesting that in the previous games the technology and graphics updates were related to getting a grasp on advances in tech (DirectX/D3D) in preparation of their next game. If this is a case of backporting engine advances to TW3 from Cyberpunk 2077, it'd certainly be a bit of a different approach.

I think it may still be the case that they were using TW3 to test engine changes and then move them into Cyberpunk. Now that they are basically feature locked for Cyberpunk, they've likely locked down tweaking TW3 and will now release a stable version of it with the new advances.

That may not be the case, but just a hypothesis based on how TW1 was used to prep for TW2 and TW2 was used to prep for TW3.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
I also quite like the Polish version even though I don't understand a word.
gotta check it out, I had never found it on youtube, although it never occurred to me tosearch for a polish version. In french I understand many words 'cos it is a romance language.

Last edited:
Current-Gen upgrades delayed indefinitely:

We have decided to have our in-house development team conduct the remaining work on the next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We are currently evaluating the scope of work to be done and thus have to postpone Q2 release until further notice.

We'll update you as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding.​

Current-Gen upgrades delayed indefinitely:

We have decided to have our in-house development team conduct the remaining work on the next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We are currently evaluating the scope of work to be done and thus have to postpone Q2 release until further notice.

We'll update you as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding.​

Interesting, I had assumed that like The Witcher and The Witcher 2, that the upgrade was being handled by CDProjeckt Red. Evidently it was a 3rd party studio that was handling if they are now moving it to their in house developers. I wonder if the team that was working on it before was based either in Ukraine or Russia?

Regards,
SB

Yeah. I thought it would have been handled in-house as well. They don't outright say it's cancelled, but I can't help but feel like it will be cancelled. It may be easier for them to just cut things off and start on The Witcher 3 Remaster in UE5 and leverage what they learn from that into their next full game in the series.

If they're going to cut off their CDProject Red engine, might as well not sink any time into it for TW3. Cut ties and do a gen-9 aware for current-gen consoles PS5 / XBSX|S making things a bit better without substantial amount of time put into it.

when they say next gen, do they mean consoles getting high PC settings from 2015 ? Or a new version that will also release for the PC ?

when they say next gen, do they mean consoles getting high PC settings from 2015 ? Or a new version that will also release for the PC ?
Supposedly a fully next gen version with RT but I never expected anything beyond the PC settings and some basic RT sun shadows. Possibly TAA as well since the the current AA method is hardly better than no AA at all.

Back