The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Why don't we have a thread for this :???: :rolleyes: :devilish: !

The first gameplay trailer :

A full open world with graphics to melt your eye balls, boobs in numbers you can't get in real life and a fantastic art direction ! The best part is : it is coming from a non-english speaking dev, so we can have a non-standard story and story telling and a fresh cultural perspective ! I haven't played Witcher 2, but Witcher 1 was absolutely amazing in its atmosphere and exploration ! I loved roaming in those desolate, moody worlds and the protagonist is just 'Magentic' in personality !

Wither 2 introduced too much colour into the world, but thats how sequels roll these days. THe mood on this trailer seems more towards Witcher 1, so, yes I was waiting for it to be announced for next gen consoles ! And Voila, here it is :p !

and the biggest thing is ;
these are the devs who go DRMless without fear and still sell their games like hot cakes : Yeah EA and MS, suck on that ! :devilish:

A list of awards from this years E3:
So, without further ado, here we go:

AWARDS
GameSpot – Best of E3
IGN E3 2013 – Peoples Choice Award
IGN – Best of E3
Official Xbox Magazine – E3 2013 Most Valuable Game
PC Gamer – E3 2013 Most Valuable Game
Polygon – Editor’s Choice E3 ’13
The Escapist – We Love It Award
GryOnline.pl – Best of E3 2013 – Best Game
GryOnline.pl – Best of E3 2013 – Best RPG Game
Games – The Best of E3
SB TV – Pick of E3 2013
Vandal.net – Best of E3
CVG – Best of E3
PlayStation Lifestyle – Best of E3
Videogamer.com – Least Likely To Be Absolute Arse Award
Twinfinite.net – Drool At E3 Award
4Player – E3 Best in Show
GamerNode – Best of E3
9 Lives – Best of E3 2013
Neoseeker – E3 2013 Role Playing Game
Neoseeker – E3 2013 Best of Show
Games – Geek Best of E3
Max Pick – Best of E3 2013
Navigator – Best RPG E3 2013
Whatifgaming – Most Gracious Technological Excellence
Whatifgaming – Most Anticipated
Whatifgaming – Best Adventure Game
Whatifgaming – Best Storyline
Whatifgaming – Game of Show
Machinima – Best of Role-Playing Game E3 2013
Score – Best of E3
Gaming Illustrated – Best of E3
Jeuxvideo.com – Best PC Game
Jeuxvideo.com – Best RPG
Examiner – E3 Best of Show
Xbox360 Achievements – Best RPG of the Show
PlayStation Universe – Best RPG
TechnologyTell – Best Swag
GiantBomb – Best Role-Playing Game
Game Debate – Best In Show E3 2013
Game Informer – Best Role-Playing Game
FleshEatingZipper – Best Role-Playing Game
TechnoBuffalo – Best in Show
Destructoid – Best Role-Playing Game
EGM Now – Best RPG E3 2013
GameTrailers – 2013 Best of E3 – Best Graphics
Ventura County Reporter – Best of E3
IGN – Best Reason to Upgrade Your PC
Hardcore Gamer – Best of E3 Graphics
GamerCast – Best of E3 2013 – Best RPG
Gametrailers – Best of E3

DISTINCTIONS
Game Informer – Best of E3 2013 Nominee
IGN – Best of E3 Nominee
Machinima – Best of Role-Playing Game E3 2013
Destructoid – Best of E3 Nominee – Best of Role-Playing
Hardcoregamer – Best of E3 2013 Nominee
GamersPack – E3 2013 Choice of the Pack – Role Playing Nominee
WorthPlaying – Best of E3 Nominee
GameFront – Best of Show Nominee E3 2013
Lazygamer – Best of E3 2013 Nominee
Flesh Eating Zipper – Best of E3 2013 Nominee
Dvlzgame – Best of E3 2013 Nominee
Gaming Trend – Best Role Playing Game Nominee
Gaming Trend – Best Graphics
Multiplayer.it – Best of E3 Nominee
Gaming Excellence – Best of E3 2013 Nominee – Best Role Playing Game
Gaming Excellence – Best of E3 2013 Nominee – Game of the Show
Gaming Excellence – Best of E3 2013 Nominee – Best Multi Platform Consol Game
Gaming Excellence – Best of E3 2013 Nominee – Best Trailer
Neoseeker – E3 2013 – Role Playing Game Nominee
Neoseeker – E3 2013 Best of Show Nominee
Vandal.net – Best of E3 Nominee
GameTrailers – Best of E3 2013 Nominee
MexicoReset MX – Best of E3 2013 Nominee
XGN – Best of Show Nominee E3 2013
Zoomin.TV Games - Best Games of E3 Top 5
HardcoreGamer – Best of E3 2013 – Game of the Show
HardcoreGamer – Best of E3 2013 – Best PC Game
HardcoreGamer – Best of E3 2013 – Best Graphics
HardcoreGamer – Best of E3 2013 – Best RPG

Certainly looks very promising.

EDIT:

Links

Last edited:
That water looks so delicious...

Also I think Rev3 games reported that you can die in a storm while on the boat... regardless of how powerful your character is lol :p

That water looks so delicious...

Also I think Rev3 games reported that you can die in a storm while on the boat... regardless of how powerful your character is lol :p

Really :LOL: ! That would be sure fun to watch, if it happens to a friend though ;) ! But yes, I was also wowed by those waves in the trailer !

The biggest reason I am interested in this is because now that it isn't limited by the X360 version anymore, they seem to be going back to the open areas of Witcher 1. Witcher 2 looked nice and all but felt like a console game thanx to its tight areas. In Witcher 1 you could see far away into the distance and just roam around soaking in the stories and atmosphere.
images

I just played a bit of Witcher 2, not much but it seemed very cramped in terms of spaces. With an open world and dynamic weather, Witcher 3 could be the epitome of the series till now.

yiuu.jpg

bxmj.jpg

o4gk.jpg

1zhv.jpg

m70z.jpg

All from gameplay segments of th etrailer !

The game seems to lack Object based motion blur , though ! and I don't see POM here either !! Why is next gen not giving me what I already have in Doom3+Sikmod ! It looks so awesome in old Doom3:
shot00063ixqr.png

Why don't we have a thread for this :???: :rolleyes: :devilish: !

A full open world with graphics to melt your eye balls, boobs in numbers you can't get in real life and a fantastic art direction !

[Shake fist] You fake, mermaid boobs don't count !
[size=-2]I watched the video[/size]

Can't wait to get my hands on this one! Easily my most anticipated game, nothing else comes even close.

What is the game about ?

[Shake fist] You fake, mermaid boobs don't count !
[size=-2]I watched the video[/size]

What is the game about ?

Have you played the Witcher 2? Boobs n sex galore :cool: !

Its an RPG ,multiple choices, consequences, great world, great atmosphere, multiple skill trees, alchemy, and everything else and a M rated story ;) !

Is that so ? Perhaps Dr. Evil is too shy to reply to my post. :runaway: :)

Haha, it felt like a rather big question and I was just about to hit the bed when I saw your post :)

RenegadeRocks summarised it rather nicely. Imo the athmosphere in them is different than in most western games.

Looks like a true nextgen RPG, I wonder if the PS4 version would have enough power left for those furs though. The combat in the 2nd one was crap so hope it becomes more fluid and intuitive this time.

Nope. Haven't played the game.

Is that so ? Perhaps Dr. Evil is too shy to reply to my post. :runaway: :)

Its actually based on the story and characters of a Polish novel called The Witcher. Being made in Poland means it feels fresh from other games and different in its aesthetics and mechanics. Witcher 1 was amazingly atmospheric and expansive :cool: ! Witcher 2 got a bit 'streamlined" and consolish, but with new gen hardware, we are hoping for a back to roots exapansive-ness from Witcher 3.

Oh! and it always has visuals to bring your PC to knees, so :devilish: ! Bring on the PS4 !

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Two cool technology videos showing what you can do with the new engine in The Witcher 3.

FUR Simulation

Boom shafts, tessellation and other technologies.

Wow, the second video is awesome. THanx for the link, dude B) ! Wonder how much of it will make it through to the PS4 version. PS4 is OpenGl based system, right? Do we get the same features translated to OpenGL?

Wow, the second video is awesome. THanx for the link, dude B) ! Wonder how much of it will make it through to the PS4 version. PS4 is OpenGl based system, right? Do we get the same features translated to OpenGL?
I am not a techie, so I could easily twist the facts, but why not? If those technologies don't exist in an API then developers will try to implement them one way or another, provided the hardware is capable -which the PS4 seems to be-.

This is one of the multiplatform titles that is going to put the console's hardware to the test though. The Witcher 2 needs a pretty good PC to run at a good framerate.

The fact that PS4 is OpenGL is not really a problem ... a bigger problem is that NVIDIA doesn't care about the console market any more. It remains to be seen how important they think providing good cross platform support is now.

The fact that PS4 is OpenGL is not really a problem ... a bigger problem is that NVIDIA doesn't care about the console market any more. It remains to be seen how important they think providing good cross platform support is now.
But those effects are inherent to the game, not NVidia's, I think. Or are they exclusive to NVidia cards? I mean, tessellation is present on nextnext gen consoles, and the other effects should be replicable too. Perhaps they showed the videos because they have some kind of partnership with NVidia.

The effects are inherent to the game, but implemented with NVIDIA libraries and presumably for a large part directly through in-house NVIDA devrel (assuming they got the same deal as Crytek got in the past, which given the amount of cross branding seems likely).

Back