The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

On December 14th, all The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PC players will receive a free update that adds various gameplay changes, new quest content, and new graphics features that take full advantage of the latest PCs and laptops.

Here’s what to expect:
  • RTX Global Illumination (RTXGI) adds more immersive and realistic outdoor ray-traced lighting
  • Ray-traced ambient occlusion improves shading around objects occluding light
  • Ray-traced shadows improve the fidelity, clarity and visibility of shadows
  • Ray-traced reflections increase the accuracy and quality of reflections on bodies of water and other suitably reflective surfaces

Jesus... it's almost 2023!
I re-downloaded Witcher 3 for PS4 on my PS5 over the weekend and my original 2015 playthrough of 120+ hours save where I miraculously got what most perceive to be "the good ending" was preserved in a cloud save! 120 fucking hours, what was I thinking! I never picked up Blood and Wine, but I will definitely dive into that at some point.

PC and Next-Gen Exclusives
  • Added ray traced global illumination and ambient occlusion.
  • Additionally, PC players with compatible hardware have an additional option to turn on ray traced reflections and shadows.
  • All main characters, including Geralt, now cast high-resolution self-shadowing even outside cutscenes. Additionally, hair clipping through armor as well as some other armor-clipping issues have been fixed.
PC-Specifc

• Added “ULTRA+” graphical settings on PC, which significantly increases the visual fidelity of the game. The graphical settings available on ULTRA+ affect:
• Number of background characters

• Shadow quality

• Grass density

• Texture quality

• Foliage visibility range

• Terrain quality

• Water quality

• Detail level

• Added DLSS 3 support. Available only on compatible hardware.

I look forward into playing the game again on PS5. I hope the 60fps framerate (which is the most important new feature on PS5) will improve a bit the combat though. And it sucks that there is no preload as my Internet is really slow!

PC and Next-Gen Exclusives
  • Added ray traced global illumination and ambient occlusion.
  • Additionally, PC players with compatible hardware have an additional option to turn on ray traced reflections and shadows.
  • All main characters, including Geralt, now cast high-resolution self-shadowing even outside cutscenes. Additionally, hair clipping through armor as well as some other armor-clipping issues have been fixed.
PC-Specifc

• Added “ULTRA+” graphical settings on PC, which significantly increases the visual fidelity of the game. The graphical settings available on ULTRA+ affect:
• Number of background characters

• Shadow quality

• Grass density

• Texture quality

• Foliage visibility range

• Terrain quality

• Water quality

• Detail level

• Added DLSS 3 support. Available only on compatible hardware.

You obviously shortened the list but on consoles they also improved plenty of assets and added some community mods.

I’m about 2/3 through Witcher 2, doing both of the major story lines. Will be nice to pick up Witcher 3 with all the new bells and whistles.

What, there's two major story lines?

Hmm, no spoilers, I will see if I spot what that turns out to be as I play. I'm still in Flotsam, so way behind you...

Yeah if I recall correctly the fork in the road was pretty obvious. Just make sure you keep your save game from just before that point.

1080p DLSS.PNG1440p DLSS.PNG

The 4080 and 4090 have almost the same performance at 1080p Ultra+/DLSS and 1440p Ultra+/DLSS. Seems to be a CPU bottleneck. I also noticed a very low CPU usage no matter what I do but with RT, the performance actually tanks.

Back